The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gamble by Steve Cook (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, warren wrote:
Lovely effect but I'm not a fan of multiple outs.


it's what mentalism is mostly about. So, you're not a fan of mentalism?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
magikmax
View Profile
New user
Scotland
18 Posts

Profile of magikmax
This isn’t really a trick of multiple outs. If you’re familiar with B’Wave by Max Maven, a similar principle is used here to guide the spectator without specifically forcing. The wallet is used to keep the chips in, to provide a place for the chips to be mixed unseen by you and the spectator, and to hold the prediction. It’s ungimmicked. It’s a nice little trick with some nice thinking - that can be applied to other items once you have it, so you can do the trick with different coloured dice, coins, cards or similar stackable objects.

Liam’s teaching here is excellent as usual, and it comes with both downloadable video instructions, and written instructions. Liam and Kaymar Magic constantly release good quality, highly commercial items that are both road tested and inexpensive. For anyone new to Kaymar, I would highly recommend Casino Kick. It’s a unique rainbow deck of different casino cut cards. It’s lovely. Ditto Rematch by Bob King, and Bagged! By Steve Cook. All very good tricks that are very easy to perform, all released without the unnecessary hype of some other magic dealers.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3204 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, warren wrote:
Lovely effect but I'm not a fan of multiple outs.


it's what mentalism is mostly about. So, you're not a fan of mentalism?


I'm a magician and only perform one effect that you could consider a mentalist type effect and that doesn't use multiple outs so although it's not my thing I'm not against mentalism and didn't mean to come across as someone who's against mentalism.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, warren wrote:
Lovely effect but I'm not a fan of multiple outs.


it's what mentalism is mostly about. So, you're not a fan of mentalism?


I'm a magician and only perform one effect that you could consider a mentalist type effect and that doesn't use multiple outs so although it's not my thing I'm not against mentalism and didn't mean to come across as someone who's against mentalism.



I see. so you're not experienced with what the power of multiple outs can do? It's like me sort of I am not a fan of NW or PW but I do understand the power they can add to an effect and what types of effects can be performed. But they are not for me.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3204 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2019, warren wrote:
Lovely effect but I'm not a fan of multiple outs.


it's what mentalism is mostly about. So, you're not a fan of mentalism?


I'm a magician and only perform one effect that you could consider a mentalist type effect and that doesn't use multiple outs so although it's not my thing I'm not against mentalism and didn't mean to come across as someone who's against mentalism.



I see. so you're not experienced with what the power of multiple outs can do? It's like me sort of I am not a fan of NW or PW but I do understand the power they can add to an effect and what types of effects can be performed. But they are not for me.

J


I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't know the power of multiple outs as I've seen them used a great number of times and I have used the principle in the past but it's just that they aren't really for me, that's not to say I would never use one again at some point.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
I'm still on the fence on this. Is there anything anyone can say to tip the scales?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
215 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Is Gamble just a minor 'upgraded' version of Poker Chip Prophesy?
Doric
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, John C wrote:
I'm still on the fence on this. Is there anything anyone can say to tip the scales?

My advice, buy the book. The trick is in there with many others.
hektormagic
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Which book, Doric?
Creator of Mental Card, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, UniPeek and eXact ESP.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gamble by Steve Cook (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL