The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Up the Ante by Paul Carnazzo (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Paul Carnazzo has released another effect contained on one playing sized card (and uses three playing chips). This may be my favorite effect from Paul.

From the website. "The performer introduces three different colored poker chips and an instruction card for a card game that involves guessing how many cards your opponents have, as well as the color of their secretly selected poker chips.

Each player is invited to select one of three different colored poker chips and a secret number of cards. This selection process can be done while the performer's back is turned, or done out of sight under the table. The poker chips and cards remain hidden under the table or in the participant’s pockets. The performer doesn’t turn around until the selection process is complete.

Once the performer turns around, with no questions and no fishing the performer knows exactly how many cards each participant has, as well as the color of their poker chips.

No questions asked

No fishing

No dual reality

Includes special instruction card and three different colored poker chips."

With a little practice (and I do mean only a little) you are able to do this in front of small groups or larger ones. You turn your back, the three specs do their part. You turn around and WITHOUT a single word said you nail it every time. To the specs and the audience this is an absolute miracle.

Preston
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks for posting, Preston. I was waiting to hear about this one.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I am hoping to receive mine very soon if not today and will post my thoughts.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Too bad he took the name of the other effect called, Up the Ante
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9096

Yes the two effects are completely different but the original effect actually involves "upping" the ante.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree it’s a shame the names are the same but if this is as good as the other named effect it will be amazing . Regards Tarik 🙂
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Looks dirty good... Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2018, Decomposed wrote:

Is dirty good!! Got this yesterday and definately believe this is a winner. Sure fire mentalism that's deceptive and easy to accomplish that allows you to concentrate on your presentation. Price is perfect and the routine using the colored poker chips allows you to dabble in readings with the spectators if you so choose.

Looking forward to performing this, great work Paul!!!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Is dirty good!! Got this yesterday and definately believe this is a winner. Sure fire mentalism that's deceptive and easy to accomplish that allows you to concentrate on your presentation. Price is perfect and the routine using the colored poker chips allows you to dabble in readings with the spectators if you so choose.

RNK

Thank you for your review, RNK. I respect your opinion. You are always very honest and trustowrthy. Based on your review I will purhcase it.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Is this at all related to Red Devil's C.A.K.E /T.I.T.E principle?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
How similar is this to Poker Face by Pablo Amira ? Regards Tarik 🙂
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
How similar is this to Poker Face by Pablo Amira ? Regards Tarik 🙂

I don't think it's similiar
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I love poker ship effects.
I don't like turning my back
I don't like process things
I am trying to get away from cards in some of my new effects

I know there's a few of these things in this effect. So, let us know how it goes.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:

RNK

On me list now. After figuring out all my new mentalism apps lol.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is really great!

The instrution card supplied looks like an advertisement card that comes with a deck of bikes. I love that. Such a clever way to subtly introduce the method. It makes for a very casual lead in.

The poker chips supplied are very high quality and the card is also of high quality printing. It’s a great take on the original plot.

Madison
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
What a shame that research wasnt done on the title....this will surely cause the buyer/dealer some confusion now with my Up The Ante card trick, which has been around a few years now.....
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Have a couple of questions about this:

what cards are used for the counting of the cards?

is a table necessary?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Does no-one have this....other than the few who have posted.
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Maybe mine will be here soon..
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2019, aligator wrote:
Have a couple of questions about this:

what cards are used for the counting of the cards?

is a table necessary?

I happen to have this! Smile

The cards used are the tens and court cards from a regular deck. There is no need for a table. The participants can be standing while they take the chips and cards, which they can put in their pockets.

Once ther selections are made, you’ll immediately know who has which chip and how many cards they have -no questions, no fishing, stooging, dual reality, ambiguous language, etc.

I hope that helps!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
It does.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Up the Ante by Paul Carnazzo (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL