The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The BOG (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Since nobody else has brought it up I thought I would. Gemini Artifacts latest release is The BOG. Here is the information as described on the website.

"The performer displays one such gift box. Inside the worn leather strapped box are five musket shot. Four are darkened with age, one bright silver. All are dropped into a small bag to be mixed about. The performer continues with the tale and explains how one of the five spectators will be blessed with good luck and perhaps even fortune.

One by one they reach into the bag removing a single shot. Not looking themselves, they keep the musket shot held tightly in their hand.

The performer knows exactly who has the silver shot and the good fortune!"

The BOG includes:

Hand Crafted Leather Hinged Tim Wisseman Box

One Silver Musket Ball

Four Authentic Musket Balls from the 1700’s.

Bag with BOG stamping

Museum Card with French/English

Manual

I was very intrigued by this release and was lucky enough to get my hands on one before they sold out and I will say I really like it. First off, the props are absolutely gorgeous. From the beautifully aged box to the genuine musket shot everything seems to scream authentic.

I did notice a small discrepancy with the supplied Musuem card and ive contacted Vic about it but have not heard back as of yet. The effect is very straightforward and two methods are described, one gimmicked and one not. I will say that most of us should have the needed gimmick but if not its easily obtainable.

The story will take some time to get down but I'm very happy with my overall purchase. Worth a look if you get a chance.

-Bob
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Just a quick update. I have since spoken to Vic and the issue with the museum card is being taken care of. Im going to upload a small YouTube clip here shortly showcasing the contents of the package as well as giving my praise for this fantastic product. I hope it helps some of you that have been looking for more information.

All the best.

-Bob
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Looking forward to the video
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
77 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
It's a story full of mystery which has given rise to many theories. One of these theories is that Chastel was a serial killer, and had raised the beast ...

All the best,
Pascal
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Vic’s done it again, this looks fantastic! I missed out on the first batch but will try my best to get on board on the next one.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Looks a great set of props and story line. Well done.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
You only miss a werewolf hunter musket...

Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Just ordered mine, so chuffed I’m going to head over the moor to the Slaughtered Lamb for a pint to celebrate, what could possibly go wrong?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Pre ordered mine this morning, I missed the 1st of the few that sold out in a blink of an eye, glad to get in que line for next batch !!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Would usually be the case the Sponge, but on this one Vic has had a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel. If you google it then you would have to wade through a veritable wolf haunted forest to find that particular tree. As the BOG is based on a real event it would be like calling an effect the Lock Ness Monster and then trying to Google it. Whilst it’s probably a sensible precaution for some effects to use a code name or * out certain letters in the open forums to protect from muggles I think this one is probably fairly safe. Can’t wait for mine to arrive.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Oh and I highly recommend the film “The Brotherhood of the Wolf” for anyone who is interested in the story of the BOG, great film! Buckles are truly swashed!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, Bogbadger wrote:
Oh and I highly recommend the film “The Brotherhood of the Wolf” for anyone who is interested in the story of the BOG, great film! Buckles are truly swashed!

You beat me to it! Smile
I really liked this movie!

DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Pre ordered mine this morning, I missed the 1st of the few that sold out in a blink of an eye, glad to get in que line for next batch !!

Vic is one fantastic person as well as a magnificent dealer, so helpful, that I am excited to have been able to jump among the pre-order "wolf pack".
The props and pieces look to be gorgeous per Tim W's usual excellence and what's not to love about the credibility, the back story, and the opportunity to focus on presentation versus method(s). In fact, having already read the manual I already have my own personalized idea/method based on an option not mentioned in the manual, based on another effect I own!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
If your referring to potp, I was also planning on using same optional method.
I am looking forward to the wolf soon !

Had been lurking GA every few hours since the 1st batch went hoping to catch the next batch, so very happy Vic opened up a pre order list. So it sounds like Vic you wont be getting much sleep with all these orders coming in on this one....lol, congrats on another fantastic effect !!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
[quote]On May 1, 2018, Merlinsmagic wrote:
If your referring to potp, I was also planning on using same optional method.
I am looking forward to the wolf soon !

Actually I am aware of potp, but never got in on buying it, so not aware of that method. I have a LebCirc item, long out of production now I believe, that is the method part I plan to use. I don't even recall the name at the moment, but it involved a fully examinable aged book ( I have the JTR version, one of 3 titles, I believe) in which a playing card is placed anywhere within the book (I adapted my routine to use a spec's choice of one of various JTR suspects photos) and then the mage holding the book upright, with relevant seance-like incantations, the photo card is seen to rise up from within the book. So, the "gimmick" used to cause the rising is what I plan to use!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Doc, I believe you're referring to the method from the Book of Revelations
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Yes, that's it...been buried away for awhile and I did not take time to check my stacks of storage bins before posting.
Of course it's a method similar to #1 in the BOG manual.
Thanks for clarifying.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On May 3, 2018, Sean Gem wrote:
Doc, I believe you're referring to the method from the Book of Revelations

Yes, that's the "tip" I was referencing (so to speak)!
Thanks
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Just read the BOG manual, what a fantastic backstory. This thing is going to be a lot of fun to perform. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Same here, really looking forward to it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The BOG (30 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL