The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My Newest Tenyo-like Treasure (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Another small obsession of mine is Anverdi's Enchanted Ring. Was happy to acquire a new one I did not have last weekend (pale yellow version). The very front one in the photo is an original Anverdi model that started it all. The red die is a beautiful model made in Germany. The yellow one with the cat was from U.F. Grant, probably the quirkiest one Smile. The large one is from Powell magic and highly recommended, as is his more normal sized version. Any leads on unique versions I do not have are always welcome Smile

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Johnster...you're a madman! Lol. Is the effect solid through solid?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes, my wife thinks the same thing! Smile

The effect is a penetration of the ring through the needle. Very clever method and all can be examined. Most models are fairly tough to find now with the exception of the Powell one's... however they are probably the best overall versions so that is good news for anyone looking for one.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Enchanted Ring is definitely very elusive to acquire. If I hit anything unique I'll pass it on John.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks!
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Great to see your name in lights at Airship. Well done & justly deserved.

Cheers Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:
Another small obsession of mine is Anverdi's Enchanted Ring. Was happy to acquire a new one I did not have last weekend (pale yellow version). The very front one in the photo is an original Anverdi model that started it all. The red die is a beautiful model made in Germany. The yellow one with the cat was from U.F. Grant, probably the quirkiest one Smile. The large one is from Powell magic and highly recommended, as is his more normal sized version. Any leads on unique versions I do not have are always welcome Smile

This is a really great collection, I am happy to have only one of but this one is perfect for me, the small Powell version
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2018 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2019, J M Talbot wrote:

You're missing an essential to your collection, Magiro's Wuffel Die. Smile
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Do you have a picture of that one Jake? Thanks!

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Jake:

Is this the Magiro effect you are referencing.... https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/cl......-magiro/ Cool effect but much different than the Enchanted Bracelet...
Magic Dust
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
This Magiro trick has a certain resemblance to the Anverdi descendants

https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/cl......-magiro/
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I am very excited to post some photos of a custom "Eye of the Idol" I commissioned wood artisan extraordinaire Eric Hansen to make for me. Could not be happier with the way it turned out. A beautiful combination of exotic woods and real glass stones. Works beautifully!

A little drama...

"Idol" covered...

Elements can be stored in the base...

Looks cool as a piece of art waiting to be performed...

This is performed with the stones and "Idol" elevated on the base adding some drama. Can also be performed flat on the table like the original. For those in the know can be 12 inches away and perform the needed actions... wink wink Smile

A prized piece in the collection!

Cheers,

John
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2124 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
WOW! Breathtaking John!
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
648 Posts

Profile of Inert
Beyond STELLAR!!! Meisterclass. Author! Author level. A BIG Congrats too John for the Saqqara Mystery. I do believe you're on a roll my friend.
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of towledge
Gorgeous John!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Congratulations, this is really a very beutiful and well made version, especially the Buddha head I like
mroek
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of mroek
Wow, that looks very nice. And 12 inches is almost unbelievably far! Congrats on a beautiful piece!
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Many thanks John for appreciating my magic art works. Looking forward to meeting up with you at the Browsers Den this May.

I have others in the works and will post pics here this week for those that may be interested.

Eric
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3280 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks for the positive comments guys... credit belongs to Eric for having the vision and skills to execute this. We originally talked about enhancing the Tenyo props themselves and that evolved to a full custom build. Please do not hesitate to PM Eric if you want to explore any of his very creative pieces of magic art, he is a great guy to deal with. I hope to provide some photos of my growing "Hansen Collection" this weekend Smile

Cheers,

John
Magical Moments
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I am thinking of having one commissioned myself. Looks great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My Newest Tenyo-like Treasure (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL