The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » :@ Blaine magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Hardie
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of John Hardie
Blaine is starting to become a bit of a joke... the whole of the internet is all 'how to do David Blaine's magic here' pages.

Don't get me wrong... he's made magic more popular, but If you mention the name Blaine to any magician I know... they laugh Smile
Blainemagic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Blainemagic
But I bet most of the magicians you mentioned blaines name to started all because of him. And I don't think it is his fault that people are obbsessed with him. he does the magic he doesn't put out all the websites.
the best tool for learning is... Experience
http://www.freewebs.com/killermagic24/
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
BlaineMagic: I couldn't disagreee with you more, most magicians out there today did not get into the art becuase DB got into it. They got into it becuase they love it. Very few of the people who get into magic becuase of Blaine ever progress further than he has, and thus never look at him as a joke. You cannot see another entertainer's abilities as laughable until you have surpassed his abilities yourself, otherwise you would be a huge hipocrit. Sure Blaine brought interest to our art, but he sure as heck isn't the only reason. His first special aired in '97, if you beleive that these past 7 years of Blaine have negated the past couple thousand that magic has existed, you are sadly mistaken my friend. Magic will exist both becuase of and in spite of Blaine. In the grand scheme of things he is insignificant, as are all other individual magicians. Blaine has both helped and hurt our art. But alas, I feel as if this board itself has had enough debate of this type and do not feel like this should be rehashed over and over again. instead I feel that this topic should be locked and all other posts of this nature (from now on) be posted in one thread, becuase there is much more to street magic than David Blaine, and this board does not seem to show that.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
Accually, I was inspired by David Blaine. That doesn't mean I like him though. I hate him. But I do think we owe him a little respect for bringing so many new people to magic. Thanks

Gary
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
I would have to disagree with you, Blainemagic.

If you were to get 100 magicians, I'll bet 5 at the MOST would have started because of blaine, probably less. There are quite a few young magicians who started because of him, but many of them, now that they are more experienced, now realize that he is a "how-you-say, 'poseur?????'"
italianmagi90023
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of italianmagi90023
I second NFox....street magic has been around long before Blaine and will continue to be around long after....we need to start using this forum to discuss street magic...not our impressions of an overexposed street magician....lets refocus our energies and passions on helping each other become more then Blaine, and find our own voices in this art that we care so deeply about, no matter who got us interested in it. Lets talk about Magic...

Mike
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of giochi
....we need to start using this forum to discuss street magic...not our impressions of an overexposed street magician....

---guys, if you are sick of talking/hearing about David on this forum, then stop reading and posting threads that have anything to do with him. If you dislike Blaine and feel we need not discuss him anymore then why are you reading a thread called "Blaine Magic" ????
d
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I only read it becuase I read almost all new threads. Then when I see a topic that has been discussed to death I felt like I had to say something. Now I check this thread only to see if I get responses. I never said we shouldn't talk about DB, but I do feel that he has become almost ALL that is discussed here. There is more to magic than DB, let's have this forum reflect that.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Kayo_City
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
59 Posts

Profile of Kayo_City
Blainemagic,, are you joking! I agree with the rest of the world on this topic. If you think that Db is the only reason most of us magicians are out there doing want we do your wrong!!!!!
That's all i have to say about that!
City Livin'
K.O Style
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » :@ Blaine magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL