The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for cardless card prediction (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Somewhere I have read a cardless card prediction, which you present as a psychological test. In fact, one of the great elements of the trick is that nobody realizes that it has anything to do with cards let alone that they are selecting a card. The "psychological test" is a story in which the spectator gets to make some choices which it is later explained indicates a choice of one card. You then show that selected card is the one card in your pocket or wallet. Another great thing about the trick is that there are no outs. If anyone knows this effect could you let me know what it is called and/or what book it appears in. Thanks in advance for any help. In order to be cardless you would write the name of the predicted card on a piece of paper that could then be given to the spectator to hold at the beginning of the effect.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
It's a great trick. As are a ton of others. Keep on keepin on and soon you will learn more.

But invariably once you find this answer, presuming someone feeds it to you, it won't seem so great and you will push it aside in a search for something else. So, the journey and how you evolve is worth much more than a simple answer.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
All Tied Up. Chris Philpott.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Philpott, yes. I believe his Intimate Mysteries has a lot of excellent thinking on this plot.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Kenton Knepper's Kolossal Killer and it's many variations may be what your looking for? I can't go into how linguistics can be used to accomplish the effect but when you have 50 posts I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have in the "Inner thoughts" section.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
My "Cardless Card Trick", described in The Wizards' Journal #34, seems to fit what you are looking for.
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
It does sound like Philpott's work (as mentioned above).
But you may also want to check out 'Deckquivoque' by Joshua Quinn (found in his book 'Paralies'). You could present it the way you describe

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
BruMagic
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BruMagic
Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook has a couple of bits on it you'd like.
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Thanks so much everyone for all your help. The effect I'm thinking of is kind of a cross between Chris Philpott's Double Koko principle and Joshua Quinn's Deckquivoque. It doesn't have the emotional resonance of All Tied Up but on the plus side there is no mention of cards until the revelation, which disguises the method, and as there is no need for outs it is gimmick free. I do remember quite a bit about the trick, including the method, but not the exact script. Unfortunately, however, the script is really the whole trick. If I do find it I will cite it here.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Scripting Magic 2 also has a version.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
"Cardless Cartomancy" An effect provided with my Expanded Annemann Billet Index.

Christopher

http://taylorimagineering.com/shop/expanded-annemann-index/
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Thanks a lot mcharisse and Christopher. I don't own a copy of Scripting Magic 2 but I took a look at Scripting Magic 1 and there was something similar. I'm glad I took a look at Volume 1 because I'd forgotten what a good book it is. Also I have heard of your billet index Christopher as I have been on your website but I didn't realise that it included an effect of this kind
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Seven
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
Thanks so much afinemesh I was beginning to think I had imagined it. It took me a little while to decipher your answer but you were spot on. It is a trick I really like but I had no idea where I had read it. I have been looking for it for a few months now so you absolutely made my day.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Well, at least I got through to one spooky! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for cardless card prediction (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL