The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Alice in Wonderland Theme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Makoshark
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
5 Posts

Profile of Makoshark
I've been asked to perform at a birthday party for 2 girls' 8th birthday party. The mother mentioned the party has an "Alice in Wonderland" theme, and anything I could do to match that would be great. Any thoughts, ideas or such on doing a theme show and/or Alice in Wonderland themed magic?
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Start by rewatching the Disney animated version. Instead of reworking your tricks, just develop references to different characters or situations from the film that will work with the tricks you use. Example, the EAT ME and DRINK ME part that changes Alice to different sizes would go well with PNM if you are at all good at telling a story.

-Patrick
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Alice mentions that she can't believe something that is impossible and the Red Queen is surprised and says (loosely) "Can't you? Why sometimes I believe six impossible things before breakfast".

You could show them six impossible things.

You could do that in a very short time with tricks you already do.

Flower tricks would sort of fit the theme.

The shrinking glove trick might work, especially if you could get it in white.

Any tea kettle tick might fit the theme if you already do it.

A card trick might seem good but most Kids that age don't know much about cards so a card castle might be good or Jumbo McCombical Prediction but not much else.

If you read the book for ideas, you will enjoy it anyway.

Never promise a fully themed show (unless you are already well on your way writing the show for your own use anyway). Your own show will play much better than a half baked theme show.

-Mary Mowder
Makoshark
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
5 Posts

Profile of Makoshark
I might just wear a Mad Hatter top hat and do my regular show
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You might want to try Alice's Wonderland Monte, starring the White Rabbit, The Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts. It's in The Wizards' Journal #33 - print the cards yourself from templates provided.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Alice in Wonderland Theme (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL