The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Kraft by Mark Shortland (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Ya but the thing with the CLOSURE is pretty simple to figure out: The stiff cardboard needs to be un-stiffened and worn in to help it stay closed. Mine too was initially stiff. Now it stays closed after just a bit of bending back and forth.

These are natural paper products.

I think Vanishing Inc and Theory 11 are two of the best magic companies on the planet. I know they will both stand behind their stuff.

The Amazebox Kraft is the cat's meow - genius idea, best version so far, and I own them all.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Do you have to have yours facing a certain way around to prevent things falling where they shouldn't go?

It's a pretty big problem with mine and clearly visible unless orientated the right way. I wouldn't feel safe getting a helper to collect the bullets and open the box on their own.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, Pixelated wrote:
Do you have to have yours facing a certain way around to prevent things falling where they shouldn't go?

It's a pretty big problem with mine and clearly visible unless orientated the right way. I wouldn't feel safe getting a helper to collect the bullets and open the box on their own.

That seems to be the biggest issue with them right now, the gap. It's not from people not following the instructions.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I don’t understand what facing a certain direction means???

Is what facing? The slot? The opening? Falling where they shouldn’t go?

Look - load the billets/ flip flap open/ close box and flaps on sides/ pass box around audience to fill. It’s very simple. Nothing should go where it shouldn’t. The New Kraft box is 99.9% ready and built. Just fold and assemble.

Like I said I’ve owned 3 of these units since the first week released. The original, the black one and now this new Kraft. The black one was honestly a slight pain because it required cutting and tape/glue to assemble. Thus Kraft box is ready to roll so it’s the best one thus far. I’ve used these for years now and it’s ingenius and works.

Your mileage may vary. But I stand behind my wholeheartedl recommendation.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2246 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, saysold1 wrote:

He's talking about having them drop the billets in the box when the box's opening side/tab side is facing them or facing you. Some of these boxes have a gap between the two partitions and when they drop their billet in the box, they could pitch it into the force side.
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
There is a noticeable gap inside the slot if viewed from the front of the box and I think the concern is that someone may insert the billet in the gap. Don’t know if that is likely to happen but I think that is what people are referring to.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:

He's talking about having them drop the billets in the box when the box's opening side/tab side is facing them or facing you. Some of these boxes have a gap between the two partitions and when they drop their billet in the box, they could pitch it into the force side.

Now I see - so if billets don't go IN the slot, they might get caught at the top?

For me it's an audience management thing - "ladies and gentlemen, please make sure your FOLDED slip goes all the way straight through the TOP slot - into the box."
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now I see - so if billets don't go IN the slot, they might get caught at the top?

For me it's an audience management thing - "ladies and gentlemen, please make sure your FOLDED slip goes all the way straight through the TOP slot - into the box."

IT is a pretty big gap like over a quarter inch. At the point it is beyond audience management, If the lights are dimmed if you have it set up and having people drop stuff in pre-show things like that then there is a chance it can do in the wrong side and maybe end up somewhere where you REALLY don't want them. I love the box. I use mine a ton. But I have seen the issues with the kraft box first hand. It is really hit or miss with these.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
Quote:

Did you experience an issue like this with the Kraft box Patrick?

Bottom line is any dealer should offer you an exchange for a manufacturing defect. For me it is hard to relate to as the one I have was 100% perfect.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 10, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you experience an issue like this with the Kraft box Patrick?

Bottom line is any dealer should offer you an exchange for a manufacturing defect. For me it is hard to relate to as the one I have was 100% perfect.

My friend had to return his kraft box three times before he had one with no slot issue or closing issue. If you are a member of the facebook group, you can see the pictures of some of these boxes and the gap and it seems to be an issue with the kraft boxes. People have talked about that yes the paper has ended up in the wrong part of the box. Yes T11 and Vanishing Inc are exchanging the boxes, but it is odd that something that wasn't an issue with the gen 1 white boxes are now an issue with the gen 3 boxes. My advice is for those who end up with a bad box send it back until you get a proper box because these things are amazing. They are limited only by your imagination and creativity.
Ceratini
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Ceratini
I own the Kraft, had a small issue with the flaps didn't staying closed, and the mentioned gap is also in my box

As to the flaps, if it hould be a problem, peel off the velcro tabs, and apply bigger ones, like 2x2 cm
Problem solved.

The gap is refered to as all billets inserted end up in the wrong compartment
That I not so
If you are extremely unfortunate, maybe one or two will
Depending on how many billets you use, the chance for that a billet which ended up in the wrong compartment is chosen,is very small.

If that should happen, I am certain that you will find a way out.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 16, 2018, Ceratini wrote:
I own the Kraft, had a small issue with the flaps didn't staying closed, and the mentioned gap is also in my box

As to the flaps, if it hould be a problem, peel off the velcro tabs, and apply bigger ones, like 2x2 cm
Problem solved.

That I not so
Depending on how many billets you use, the chance for that a billet which ended up in the wrong compartment is chosen,is very small.

It was not an issue with the white version. We shouldn't have to have and out for something that should not happen in the first place. The gap started with the black box and got worse this time around.
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
There’s no gap in the original? The gap on the Kraft is very apparent to me especially when opening the from the front and looks suspicious. So much so I prefer to have the box opened from the back.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2018, Ceratini wrote:

Problem solved.

That I not so

So replacing the Velcro and having to have an out ready in case the wrong billet gets selected is not really any big deal to you?
Wouldn’t it have been better to exchange the product for one constructed properly?
Ceratini
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Ceratini
This is not a big problem for me.
However, such a box is not perpetual, but a consumer article
I expect my to last for 15, maybe 20 performances, and that's ok for me.

What I do is to notify the supplier of the deviations and request a discount in the price of the next box I order
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Wow people on this forum really do like to cry don't they?!

Firstly, nobody is forcing anybody to buy this product. One common thing I see all the time is people discussing magic products as though the creators/distributors are forcing them to buy it. Of course they have to make sales, but if something is not for you and you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.

Secondly, you don't have to pick out the tiniest flaws and exaggerate them when there's no reason to.

I was completely unaware of what the Amazebox was until recently. I took a good look (online) at all 3 styles and decided to go with the Kraft version. There is NOTHING wrong with it. Once again it's just magicians/mentalists overthinking and overanalysing every aspect of everything to the point where it is borderline psychotic.

If you own the Kraft version and you are worried about that gap, try this: Set your box, fold a billet, now try and intentionally put the billet through that gap. See how odd and unnatural that feels? Yeah, exactly. I can't imagine any audience member doing that. You have to make a conscious effort to push a billet through that gap.

Now try this: Turn your box around so that the top, opening tab is facing away from you, now try and insert a billet into that gap. This time it is even more difficult. You'd have to actually know exactly what the Amazebox is to be able to get a billet through there, and even then it is a struggle.

Still worried about the gap? Get a different style box. Want the Kraft but still worried about the gap? Mark your force billets with a pencil dot. That way you will see if your spectator removes one of 50+ force billets or an extremely unlikely audience billet. Even if one did manage to get through, the chances of them picking that one out of 50+ are extremely slim. I'd be willing to bet money on it. If your spectator does somehow manage to get an audience written billet, ask them to open it up and read it out loud. If it isn't your force, simply say, "As you can see, every mind in this audience is different. If we were to ask everyone else what they wrote, it would be different from what is written there. You probably thought of something different too. So as you can see, this is completely random. Now take out one more and that is the one we will use." Now you've not only cleaned up, you've also shown that there are indeed different choices coming from the box.

Also remember, you know what this box is, how it works and how it is made. You've seen and handled it from all angles in all lighting. You've practiced with it, set and reset it, numerous times. Your audience members see a simple cardboard box for a few moments while they drop a piece of paper inside. If anyone or anything is causing problems, it is you.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Should the velcro be insufficient could you not just permanently glue it. That, I assume, would mean one would have to keep it together instead of taking apart for transport but I think most keep it together anyway.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Sadly I must retract my original glowing review.

Got badly burned at a corporate show a few days ago. What happened? Multiple folded index cards went in that nasty gap - and spectator of course picked one of those. I got out of it and it was a mid piece so no disaster but that stupid gap is far more troublesome than I anticipated. My original small white box was a superior design.

These need to be rethought. It’s a darn shame. For those who say the odds are slim that things can go awry, au contraire.

I’m curious as to why creator Mark Shortland didn’t catch this gap error?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, kipling100 wrote:
There is a noticeable gap inside the slot if viewed from the front of the box and I think the concern is that someone may insert the billet in the gap. Don’t know if that is likely to happen but I think that is what people are referring to.

I was wrong. You are absolutely correct.
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
This is why mine is still in the packaging after setting it up once. I wanted to use it for a finale but the risk is too high for a closer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AmazeBox Kraft by Mark Shortland (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL