The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Beautiful Rope at Wal-Mart! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I know most people already know about the great finds you can discover at Wal-Mart, but I just wanted to add mine.

I was looking for a nice rope for the Guinn Ring and Rope Routine which I am learning. At first I didn't see anything thick enough in the fabric department. They only had ribbons, and some decorative string. Then I discovered a goldmine of ropes in a corner of the department. The had a rack of beautiful colored ropes, which I think are used for curtains. The piece I got is a deep velvet red, well-made, and braided. It goes perfectly with the gold ring which I also found in the fabric department at Wal-Mart.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Thanks for the tip. I think I will check that out.
Daniel Faith
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
Thanks. I'll check it out as well. I need a colored rope for my ellis ring.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Thanks for the tip Danny. After reading this I headed on down to the local WalMart and bingo, there they were; the great finds you described. Like Dan from Memphis, I too needed that elusive rope for my Ellis Ring.

Snidini
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Thanks, I will also check that out. What is the thickness of the rope? Is it thin enough for Ringleader? Or would it work for Tabary's Rope Routine?

Shane Wiker
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Shane,
The rope is about 1/2" thick. I don't perform Ringleader or the Tabary routine, so I don't know if it works for those.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I couldn't find it in the local Wal Mart fabrics and crafts section.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Sorry you had trouble finding it Larry. I guess not every Wal-Mart carries it. At least one other person on this thread was successful in finding it (so I know I'm not crazy!). Did you ask an employee if they can get some in? I can send you some from my Wal-Mart if you want to try it out. Let me know if you want me to do that.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
They have a lot of great stuff at walmart.

cards, rope, adhesive, ... tons of stuff the magician wants.

I think we over look walmart a lot and think we need to purchase everything from a magic shop.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
You can find the rope (actually drapery cord or sash cord) at most fabric stores and larger home improvement stores.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Beautiful Rope at Wal-Mart! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL