The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Why I want to trick people! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

prankmonster
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of prankmonster
Hello Community,

When I was just a wee little lad, I remember reading about monkeys in South America where there would be a spotter monkey looking out while others get to eat. Every once in a while, the spotter monkey would do a fake alarm call which scatters all the others and the now the spotter can enjoy all the fruits! In a bizarre twisted connection, it was right then there that I fell in love with the idea of magic.

There is something about performing something that the human mind can't comprehend. No matter who they are, what they are and whatever they might be going through, all of that disappears and they are jolted to the present moment as they try to understand what they just got to experience = magic! I enjoy observing and being part of this process! Al though I'm not a true magician and it is not my profession! I lack the performance/creative/historical knowledge of magic itself. I use props/tools/ to bring a little "present moment" into their lives. I primarily use Craig@PM and TaylorIM and a few other's work to be part of this process! I look forward to joining the community and to learn and expand my knowledge and my ability!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I wonder at your reason for joining the Café. We are ENTERTAINERS, not "spotter monkeys".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome prankmonster,

Pranks are certainly a low form of Magic so I am hoping your knowledge of Magic will expand here. LOL

That aside, I do think bringing people into the present with an experience of Wonder is a good thing.

I invite you to look more deeply. It is worth the journey.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Why I want to trick people! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL