The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have never had either SS2 or 3 become magnetized and I store my magnetic coins beside the units with no issue. That was my biggest issue with SCAN 3D. Will carrying and storing the magnetic coin beside FLUX be an issue? I know you don't have to carry them together but old habits are hard to break and for me they invariably end up next to each other in my pocket Smile Also not sure how much faster the read can be? It is immediate with my SS3 and seemed essentially immediate with the SCAN 3D I used to own. Am looking forward to having a look at Flux at Magi Fest. This is still one of my main go to effects.

Cheers,

John
danieltirado
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of danieltirado
One of my christmas gifts for myself! Wohoiii, lets see how it compares to the Promystic one...
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I agree with John the biggest downfall with scan 3d was the recalibrating it did constantly. It’s far better without that feature if you can store the items together. Olly
richi
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of richi
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, danieltirado wrote:
One of my christmas gifts for myself! Wohoiii, lets see how it compares to the Promystic one...

It's back in stock? I'm trying to buy it, but it's out stock everywhere.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Several dealers seem to have it in stock including Hocus Pocus.
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
We have only a few units left we provide sameday shipping.

You can get yours at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......-shelley

Best,
Tom
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I've bought items from Tom in the past and can vouch for Mystique Factory - excellent service!
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2018, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
I have both Scan3D and SS3 and while SS3 is a bit bigger, I like it better. Everything is self contained in the unit and the fact you can play on parameters such as sensibility with the app on your phone.

Now I'm waiting for Flux to arrive, maybe it will replace my SS3.

I even had a special leather wristband with a secret compartment so I can have my SS3 on me at all time !

Flux is so much faster on the read + flux also offers instant reset if the unit gets magnetized (too close to a magnet).

SS3 literally needs to be shut off and on again if it gets magnetized.

I am waiting for mine to arrive but sounds to me this is the way to go no point in paying $100 more , especially when you can get a much better product from Craig

That is superior in every way , plus Craig customer service is one of the best in the business
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Other than a cheaper price have yet to clearly understand how FLUX is "superior in every way" Read is instant with SS3 and it does not have a button to push to demagnetize because it does not "magnetize". As mentioned above that was a frustrating issue with SCAN 3D, sounds like it may still be an issue with FLUX otherwise not sure why a button is needed to demagnetize. Am not slamming FLUX I hope it's a good product but I think it is unfair to come on the Sixth Sense thread and say this product is superior in every way without facts to back it up. I have tried and owned most all of the options to this point (have not tried FLUX yet)... to be honest I am reluctant given my disappointing experience with SCAN 3D.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Yes, I think it is too early to say that FLUX is superior in every way, although I have ordered one. For instance, you can't modify any settings like sensitivity on the FLUX device. By the way, Saturnmagic is selling SS3.0 for £220 ($280), which is significantly cheaper than I've seen it in stock anywhere else (at least outside of the US).
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
I must agree with John Talbot on this, this thread is about SS3 and not Flux and I haven’t seen anybody who can give a fair unbiased comparison as of yet.
I too don’t really want a function to answer a problem (ie needing to recalibrate) when it shouldn’t have this problem in the first place? SS3 doesn’t have this problem and it’s far better not to have to worry about putting your device next other accessories (magnets or otherwise) in your pockets. Olly
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
Other than a cheaper price have yet to clearly understand how FLUX is "superior in every way" Read is instant with SS3 and it does not have a button to push to demagnetize because it does not "magnetize". As mentioned above that was a frustrating issue with SCAN 3D, sounds like it may still be an issue with FLUX otherwise not sure why a button is needed to demagnetize. Am not slamming FLUX I hope it's a good product but I think it is unfair to come on the Sixth Sense thread and say this product is superior in every way without facts to back it up. I have tried and owned most all of the options to this point (have not tried FLUX yet)... to be honest I am reluctant given my disappointing experience with SCAN 3D.

Have you not read this

Quote:

Flux is so much faster on the read + flux also offers instant reset if the unit gets magnetized (too close to a magnet).

Considering he has been using this for well over a month , I think we can take it as read that this is a better product as he used to use SS until this came along
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
My ONLY issue with my SS3, is that it is very difficult to turn on and off. The button doesn’t work easily..
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2018, TheDirectionalist wrote:
My ONLY issue with my SS3, is that it is very difficult to turn on and off. The button doesn’t work easily..

Do you share John Talbot's experience of the unit not getting magnetized?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2018, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:

Have you not read this

Quote:

Considering he has been using this for well over a month , I think we can take it as read that this is a better product as he used to use SS until this came along

Yes I read that and I responded immediately below Brett's post..

Quote:
On Dec 21, 2018, J M Talbot wrote:
I have never had either SS2 or 3 become magnetized and I store my magnetic coins beside the units with no issue. That was my biggest issue with SCAN 3D. Will carrying and storing the magnetic coin beside FLUX be an issue? I know you don't have to carry them together but old habits are hard to break and for me they invariably end up next to each other in my pocket Smile Also not sure how much faster the read can be? It is immediate with my SS3 and seemed essentially immediate with the SCAN 3D I used to own. Am looking forward to having a look at Flux at Magi Fest. This is still one of my main go to effects.

Cheers,

John

As I have stated numerous times after extensive use Sixth Sense both 2.5 and 3 have never become "magnetized" or need re calibration for me so saying that FLUX has a button to instantly re calibrate it does not seem like a plus to me (yes if comparing to SCAN 3D). Also the read is instant with SS3 so not sure how FLUX can be that much better or faster or why it needs to be. I have no ax to grind with FLUX but again phrases like "clearly superior" or "game changer" are not helpful without the facts to justify why. I am sure it is an improvement over the previous SCAN 3D just have not seen or heard anything yet to suggest why it is better than Sixth Sense 3. I look forward to trying it and discussing it with Craig at Magi Fest... if it truly is superior over Sixth Sense 3 will be happy to report that.

John
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
I will be receiving both FLUX and SS3.0 within the coming days, hopefully by Monday. I will write up a comparison then.
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
I just got SS3.0 today (and hopefully FLUX on monday). When I put a magnet directly next to the device, it stops working for a few seconds or so. I assume that this is the device getting magnetised. However, it starts working again pretty quickly afterwards, so it seems to me that it can recognise when it has become magnetised and reset itself.
Craig333
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Craig333
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

came today and this thing is awesome it even picks up my unique £1 - 50p coin when I tap the hand with my finger and the range on a magnet is ridiculously good so cheers Café I read a lot more than I post but you guys rock Smile
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
Psyfi thanks for the quick review and of course it will attract to a magnet and do that, the important thing is when away from a magnet that was say in your pocket it works again immediately. Scan 3d didn’t do that and infact it could even magnetise itself on the magnetic coin on occasions when doing the routine itself. If you opted for a lesser strength magnetic coin it then didn’t always pick up at all with a mans hand. So SS3 sounds great and I am sure the Flux product has addressed the previous which hand problems promystic have had. Olly
Psyfl
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Psyfl
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2018, Craig333 wrote:
Be interested in your results Psyfl as I was toying with flux or ss3 but opted for ss3 because basically there seemed to be only one person on here singing the praise of flux and I could be wrong but I think he was given it to beta test.

came today and this thing is awesome it even picks up my unique £1 - 50p coin when I tap the hand with my finger and the range on a magnet is ridiculously good so cheers Café I read a lot more than I post but you guys rock Smile

Out of curiosity did you receive an extra button with your SS3.0? I only ask because the PDF file on Hugo's website states that an extra button is included just in case the button wears out, but I noticed that I didn't receive one (not that it matters too much).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sixth Sense 3 by Hugo Shelley (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL