The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Someone asks you to "do a trick." What do you do? (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8511 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2019, BradenCarlisle wrote:
With a deck of cards, can't go wrong with a key card effect using whatever method of revelation you want.

I guess it depends on whether you want to do tricks or create a magic experience.

For me, having a deck of cards is not impromptu anyway. Someone handing you a deck and saying, "Show me a trick" means they are not expecting magic.

Welcome to the quagmire of discussions bogged down in definitions Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Woodini
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Woodini
If you are a magician, and you can't really just do something, are you really a magician?
I always carry a card warp, three cards for Monty, a 52 on one, and a Queen of harts.
Takes very little room, and you are always ready to go with a show.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3225 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2019, Woodini wrote:
If you are a magician, and you can't really just do something, are you really a magician?
I always carry a card warp, three cards for Monty, a 52 on one, and a Queen of harts.
Takes very little room, and you are always ready to go with a show.

Exactly.... I always have my phone on me so can always perform DFB even if I didn't have anything else with me however the other solution would be to just borrow a coin off someone and boom your in business.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2018, Mr. Woolery wrote:
I wonder if there’s a regional or cultural difference going on. For me, if someone asks for a trick, what I interpret is “how interesting it is to meet a magician! I want to share in some of what he loves doing!” I don’t perform professionally, but I enjoy performing magic. I suppose if you don’t know any impromptu material you could just say you don’t have any of your props with you, but I hate to squelch any interest. It seems counterproductive.

Maybe where you live, Senor, it is a way to increase respect by refusing to do a trick. That’s fine. I just find magic so fun and exciting that I love to share that excitement with other people. My view is that the best way to get people to respect my skills (at any sort of activity) is to show that I really do know what I am doing.

Patrick

Doubt it's regional. There's jerks everywhere.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
I normally have a deck of cards with , so I can jazz with the different tools I know

Cristóbal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Someone asks you to "do a trick." What do you do? (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL