The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » DC autograph (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

clubber89
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of clubber89
I was just wondering how much you think a signed version of David Cooperfields book is worth? And a signed 8x10 picture of Lance Burton?

All real
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I paid $10.00 for a Genii magazine signed by David Copperfield. I believe that most autographs really don't have much monetary value unless the person is really world famous and dead.
I have a small collection of autographs and the most valuable to me are the ones that I got in person. The two (Doug Henning and David Copperfield) that I got from second parties are great to have but not as great as the ones I got in person.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
JordanMalfreed
View Profile
Regular user
California
116 Posts

Profile of JordanMalfreed
David Copperfield has signed a lot of autographs in his time, and is still signing them. It would be worth a slight bit more than the book without the autograph, but it's probably worth more to you than the extra money you could get due to the signature.

Which book is it by the way?

Regards,
Jordan
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Just as an FYI... you might want to check this thread-
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......19&6
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
I'm having deja vu.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
All autographs are just some ink stains on paper, until somebody wants to buy it. Certainly among magicians David's Autograph might have some market, but he hasn't done those big TV specials in years, and his general public appeal isn't all that high right now in the Autograph market. Like a baseball card, it is just a piece of cardboard in real value. The added value is only in those who want it. Factors that often effect autograph values are clarity of signature, whether or not it is inscribed to some person (those not so inscribed bring higher prices), what the autograph is on (picture, color picture, some picture which is highly identified with them, book, object, etc.), condition of the object the signature is on, how difficult is this autograph to obtain (believe it or not some celebrities have websites where they hawk their autograph at a high dollar amount, when you can buy them on the open market for less than 10% of their website price, why, because they sign a lot of autographs. While some autographs go up after a person dies, some go down. The market for the autograph is driven by the popularity of the person. As time marches on, many a celebrity of yesteryear are virtual unknowns to those buying autographs today. Most autographs peak in price within a few months following the signer's death, with the exception of those people who become legends, like Houdini, Babe Ruth, etc. Individuals identified with a profession or sport.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1804 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I have about 5 Copperfield autograph's, they are too plentiful right now to be worth much.I am not sure besides Houdini's which autograph is valuable. I think one of the better I have is a check which is signed on the front by Joe Berg and on the rear of the check signed by both Theo Bamberg & Marie Bamberg. I have many autograph's none of real value that I know of I just enjoy collecting them.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Is Blaine's autograph of any value?
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1804 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2005-10-03 09:50, magicguy67 wrote:
Is Blaine's autograph of any value?

Not really. Unfortunately the autographs that are worth anything are magicians that have past away. I have quite a few autographs of most active magicians now. The only ones I have that are of any value would have to be, Theo Bamberg, Dunninger, Joe Berg, Dai Vernon, Slydini, Blackstone Sr. and a few others I cannot remember.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
My wife got one for free from Copperfield. Why? Because she got picked to assist him with a trick during out last Vegas trip recently. I was jealous! She also kissed his cheeck haha.
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Jaymz023......sorry you're jealous and disappointed. Maybe next time you'll get to kiss his cheek too!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » DC autograph (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL