The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Roughing spray (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
895 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I appreciate all of the feedback.👍 from everyone.👌
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1945 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2018, Freddie Henderson wrote:
Plastidip is the best I have found Smile


Recently used Plasti-Dip for the first time to make an Invisible Deck. I think it's my new favorite.
Just a stripe across the middle like you'd use with the stick.

Only need to spray 26 cards, one light fast pass/dusting, very fast dry time.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3238 Posts

Profile of warren
An extra question for those that have used these various sprays, if I were to use any of these sprays on a bic lighter would it aid the grip when using a p****e move or would it just end up with dust etc stuck to the lighter due to the stickiness of the spray ?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1815 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2019, warren wrote:
An extra question for those that have used these various sprays, if I were to use any of these sprays on a bic lighter would it aid the grip when using a p****e move or would it just end up with dust etc stuck to the lighter due to the stickiness of the spray ?

Warren, if you are having a difficult time with a bic lighter and the p-move, a spot of double sided tape placed where your thumb goes may help, even a little spot of hot glue or dried superglue in that area may help with the move.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
895 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2019, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2019, warren wrote:
An extra question for those that have used these various sprays, if I were to use any of these sprays on a bic lighter would it aid the grip when using a p****e move or would it just end up with dust etc stuck to the lighter due to the stickiness of the spray ?

Warren, if you are having a difficult time with a bic lighter and the p-move, a spot of double sided tape placed where your thumb goes may help, even a little spot of hot glue or dried superglue in that area may help with the move.


I agree, also don't forget you can do the designer electrical tape lighter. 🙂. 1band , 2 banded, fully banded. And the ol’ “lick the fingers b4” you go. 🤦🏼‍♂️ (Im guilty) or wet the bottom of your undershirt shirt for a coupla’ inches so you can pinch on it.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3238 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for the input,it's only with the bic lighters that I struggle due to dry hands however when my hands have a little moisture it's easy.
The simple answer as you say is to lick the fingers however I would prefer to avoid that if possible.
I might try a bit of super glue on the sides as Wravyn mentioned.
Josepher
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
77 Posts

Profile of Josepher
I've used Krylon Matte Finish 1311 for years, but once I tried a Roughing Stick the paint can went on the shelf.
(I'm still trying to figure out what household tasks need clear paint.)

I never make my own decks, I just restore the function of worn decks.
The stick is expensive, compared to paint, but much easier to use, and lasts a long time.
JoshDude849
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of JoshDude849
What effects could you possibly do with a "Roughed" deck besides an invisible deck kind of trick?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3036 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2019, JoshDude849 wrote:
What effects could you possibly do with a "Roughed" deck besides an invisible deck kind of trick?



Kidding right?
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
I also use Harry Robsons roughing stick for making Invisible Decks, I use the long side of the stick and swipe over the middle of the cards twice. Every so often I'll go back and refresh my deck for the occasional cards that loose their tackyness.
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
I like the roughing stick as well, although I can see the roughing material— it’s not completely invisible. Anything I’m doing wrong?
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Bob G
JoshDude,


I don't know the answer to your question, but I know there's a lot you can do. Don't give up -- look for videos on the web, start a new thread on the Café with your question, look at Penguinmagic.com and vanishingmagic.com, and I'm sure you'll get some answers.


And I hope you won't give up on the Café because of one unpleasant response. Most people here are really helpful.


Bob
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2019, JoshDude849 wrote:
What effects could you possibly do with a "Roughed" deck besides an invisible deck kind of trick?

Check this book out (“Roughingly Yours”). I’ve found many people aren’t aware of it.

https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/book/1231
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
JoshDude849
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of JoshDude849
Hmm okay, will do!!!

Josh
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4693 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Also try https://trickshop.com/roughing-fluid-cards.html
“Rough Stuff” is a valuable resource for gaffing and making R&S decks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).






Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Roughing spray (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL