The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » An out of the ordinary coin magic book (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
A small correction, if I may; Introduction to Coin Magic was authored by Shigeo Futagawa.
Shigeo Takagi's magic, including his coin magic, is presented in Richard Kaufman's work - The Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi.
And I agree with Mb217, Bill Tarr's book(s) is wonderful.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
320 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Oops, you're right! My mistake getting the Shigeos mixed up...
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Perhaps one of the most practical books on offbeat and miraculous coin magic ( I AM DREAMING) WOULD BE:
M.B.'s Coin Miracles and Sleights for the 21st Century. The drawings would be by Richard Kaufmann (in a perfect world).

I am dreaming. I think M.B.'s contributions to coin magic have been undervalued somewhat. We know this is great coin magic, but it may not be in the highest channels of promotion. But think about it, when you keep being stunned and fooled by him, it should be a sign that he is doing things right. His moves tend to be fairly angle free, which is highly unusual for miraculous coin magic. Modern day coin miracles.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
Perhaps one of the most practical books on offbeat and miraculous coin magic ( I AM DREAMING) WOULD BE:
M.B.'s Coin Miracles and Sleights for the 21st Century. The drawings would be by Richard Kaufmann (in a perfect world).

I am dreaming. I think M.B.'s contributions to coin magic have been undervalued somewhat. We know this is great coin magic, but it may not be in the highest channels of promotion. But think about it, when you keep being stunned and fooled by him, it should be a sign that he is doing things right. His moves tend to be fairly angle free, which is highly unusual for miraculous coin magic. Modern day coin miracles.

Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
"Al Schneider on Coins" is a great primer on coin magic. Another great read is "The Pocketbook" by Curtis Kam.

Thanks!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » An out of the ordinary coin magic book (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL