The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..27..31..35..39..43..44~45~46 [Next]
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
And only the third person to get it in the post... who is the person not selling?
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
If the method allows you access to anything other than the information you reveal then no amount of careful wording or scripting can be deemed permission and regardless of legality it is just a vulgar invasion of privacy, even if your intentions are honest. I would never let anyone root around my phone in the context of a trick (that goes for the guise of writing a prediction) and I would never expect anyone to let me do it with theirs. Sometimes the names of effects are clever plays on words, this one seems to be pretty matter of fact, with the plethora of methods out there, do we really have to resort to this?

Also If people are too busy with other commitments to even reply to people who are blindly sending money for a product on a promise then they shouldn’t release things, end of.

This whole thing smacks of ‘quick buck’ to me.

There are too many ‘creators’ doing this now. Contrast it with likes of Looch who is doing everything the right way. Always quick to respond to communication. Professional website, packaging videos etc. Orders sent out in a timely manor with tracking details etc. and guess what, he works and has other commitments too. When you compare, it does seem like the purchasers of this got a bum deal. In the Blink thread some have said it’s quite expensive at £100, considering its a quality tangible product that arrives within days, cant be scuppered by evolving tech etc. it doesn’t seem too expensive after all? (Guess what? You can also reveal a name from someones contact list using it too, without handling their phone 😆 but on top of that you can also reveal literally ANYTHING else too!)

Honestly I think people in their eagerness to find the next big thing would buy a sh*t on a stick if certain people recommended it.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, TheGingerWizard wrote:
If the method allows you access to anything other than the information you reveal then no amount of careful wording or scripting can be deemed permission and regardless of legality it is just a vulgar invasion of privacy, even if your intentions are honest.

I've been saying this right from the beginning, and somehow caught a fair amount of flak for it. Magicians seem so worried about ethics when someone misses a credit from a trick, but hack someone's WhatsApp and get all their private message history? Ah, that's fine cos I can do sum grate mind reading triks (and maybe see if this hot spectator shared any naughty pics with her boyfriend)
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
...Magicians seem so worried about ethics when someone misses a credit from a trick, but hack someone's WhatsApp and get all their private message history?...

Not gonna lie, I love this, it is a great line.
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
I hope this is not only a use of an application which use the web.whatsapp.com's API... Smile
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I'm selling my copy if anyone wants it.
Oh wait, I wasn't stupid enough to order something for £100 from someone's unknown mate from the pub with ZERO information to go on!!!!!!

Honestly, those who sent this guy the money should be ashamed of yourselves. You are the people funding the crooks in this industry who will come back to do it all again to others!

You lot really need to learn. You never saw one review, not one performance, not one worthwhile 'creator' forum post, just one BS RECOMMENDATION from someone you THOUGHT you could trust...

Think before you buy!!!!! For christ's Sake!!!!
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I got a slip in the mailbox today, something from GB, I'm assuming it's this. I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I got a slip in the mailbox today, something from GB, I'm assuming it's this. I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

So can put it up for sale tomorrow [?]
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2018, Dreda wrote:
I hope this is not only a use of an application which use the web.whatsapp.com's API... Smile

Keep on hoping.....
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
There is obviously a major problem with this release. I believe we should be able to be refunded because the creator did not state that.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
£100 for no solid information at all is laughable.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
But Peter Turner said it was good, right?
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Anyone in USreceive theirs yet?
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Got the slip in the mail box. Redelivery for tomorrow:-/
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2018, Brandon Queen wrote:

Got it today. Reading now. Powerful stuff - I think it may have been a mistake to release this to the magic community. Would have probably been better to limit this to the 'underground'. Definitely stuff that can easily be used for nefarious purposes.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
"Definitely stuff that can easily be used for nefarious purposes."

And this was a surprise to you after reading this thread?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Quote:

Got it today. Reading now. Powerful stuff - I think it may have been a mistake to release this to the magic community. Would have probably been better to limit this to the 'underground'. Definitely stuff that can easily be used for nefarious purposes.

Please define the difference between magic community and underground?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:
"Definitely stuff that can easily be used for nefarious purposes."

And this was a surprise to you after reading this thread?

I was waiting to draw any kind of conclusion until I had actually read the book. You should try it sometime. And I'm actually talking more about the other stuff in the book, not the Whatsapp effect.

There are also some ideas in there that are really cool and not potentially abusable, fwiw.

Pegasus, I'm just saying that if I came up with this, I would probably want to share it with friends or friends of friends that I could reasonably assume were decent human beings.

To be fair, Ryan did restrict this by only printing 100 copies and making it fairly expensive.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
bangustar
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of bangustar
Quote:

This all started with Peter Turner's recommendation. It reminds me of his recommendation of Greg Berman's Inspired thread. Not saying that Peter Turner is wrong, but many could not agree with him after
the purchase.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I was waiting to draw any kind of conclusion until I had actually read the book. You should try it sometime.

What makes you think I'm not?

This release is purely unethical, anyone using it should be shunned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Compromised/ breached (652 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..27..31..35..39..43..44~45~46 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL