The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Misled is BACK, finally!! (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
The original was indeed thinner than this one. They were once reproduced some years back and were thicker than the original. This one is the same as that second run.

I still have my original, which is much thinner and IMO way better.

I spoke with Timothy the other day asking him if these were thin like the first run and he said they are not. He said that the originals were handmade and the re-release and this one are not.

You still can't go wrong with this one. Great effect...brilliant method.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I hope that the color is closer to readily available pencils. The original doesn’t match any pencils that I have found. Even RoseArt yellow pencils that are available for purchase now don’t match the gimmick.

Jim
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Best gimmick on the market next to a thumb tip... Quite small and easily carried with your TT. I still have the original, but got to dig it out somewhere.

I agree though about making a black Papermate pen version. It can easily be done. Pens are more logically carried in your breast pocket than a wooden pencil. Anyone thought of painting the gimmick with glossy black nail polish?
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Salby wrote:
Best gimmick on the market next to a thumb tip... Quite small and easily carried with your TT. I still have the original, but got to dig it out somewhere.

I agree though about making a black Papermate pen version. It can easily be done. Pens are more logically carried in your breast pocket than a wooden pencil. Anyone thought of painting the gimmick with glossy black nail polish?

This is not hard and really does not need anyone to manufacture one and market it... black sippy sip if you get what I mean. Hint hint wink wink Smile Just make one yourself for the black Papermate pens.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
4 to 6 weeks shipping. Wow, that's pretty slow. Hopefully the quality is good.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2018, rowdymagi5 wrote:
4 to 6 weeks shipping. Wow, that's pretty slow. Hopefully the quality is good.

Yah, I ordered one, then realized it was 4 to 6 weeks...agreed, that's REALLY slow
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Did not order on that basis.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, kissdadookie wrote:

This is not hard and really does not need anyone to manufacture one and market it... black sippy sip if you get what I mean. Hint hint wink wink Smile Just make one yourself for the black Papermate pens.

Interesting idea, I may have to give it a try.
Still, you would think that that after all these years Timothy would have updated the product from a pencil. That would seem like the logical next step, and then he could offer both versions for sale.

This reminds me too that I have been meaning to try combining the SharpShot marker with Alan Rorrison's idea for the second phase and basically recreating the full Misled routine with a Sharpie. I always prefer pen effects be done with a Sharpie since most of us carry one of those anyway.
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Interesting idea, I may have to give it a try.
Still, you would think that that after all these years Timothy would have updated the product from a pencil. That would seem like the logical next step, and then he could offer both versions for sale.

This reminds me too that I have been meaning to try combining the SharpShot marker with Alan Rorrison's idea for the second phase and basically recreating the full Misled routine with a Sharpie. I always prefer pen effects be done with a Sharpie since most of us carry one of those anyway.

videoman I like your thinking on this I may have to put this together myself!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Just got mine today. Good to put it in the show.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Just received mine as well. Took about 3 weeks plus change, so not as long as I expected. Very nice and is going into the act.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Can someone PM me?
I'm attempting to get link for video tutorial by sending request to special email address specified in new packaging, but not getting any response from creator.
Anyone else have this issue? I can provide proof of ownership if required.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I bought this 30+ years ago... just a fantastic classic Smile Glad it is back.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2018, dooblehorn wrote:
Can someone PM me?
I'm attempting to get link for video tutorial by sending request to special email address specified in new packaging, but not getting any response from creator.

As of 7/16 when I asked him about the video, he said he has not made the video yet. He did not provide an ETA, just apologized for the delay.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2018, barts185 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2018, dooblehorn wrote:
Can someone PM me?

As of 7/16 when I asked him about the video, he said he has not made the video yet. He did not provide an ETA, just apologized for the delay.

Ah, ok...that explains his lack of response! Thanks so much!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Whilst it looks good it wouldn't work so smoothly with the new British polymer notes compared to the regular pen thru bills you can get unfortunately.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2096 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I had this as well since the early 90's I believe, but think I need another one. Also I think a pencil works perfectly due to the octagon shape, a round pen not so much as I thought of that long ago as well. Maybe possible but not as smoothly or as disguised. Pencils are not some ancient artifact that are no longer around, there are plenty of pencils out there at least where I live and are still used in school.

Namely because people make "mistakes" especially school students. So the eraser comes in handy. I also still use the Magic Makers pen which is great. But the "melt-thru" phase of Misled is one of the best, and most visual close-up tricks of all time. So I need to get another one as I am not sure where mine is. I wonder if Penguin or others will be getting them back also for faster shipping? I bought one from Penguin as well long ago, and still have the instructional video there by Jay Noblezada lol.

That was another issue with the gimmick, so small and easy to lose lol. But I have them somewhere in my storage room with almost 40 years of tricks lol. But the smaller the gimmick the longer it takes to find usually.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Mine took under a week. I think the 4-6 weeks ETA, was from the original when he was making these by hand. Probably needs to update the site.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Mine was shipped in just a few days
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Is the video tutorial up yet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Misled is BACK, finally!! (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL