The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Burden Box by Paul Hamilton (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3941 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The Burden Box by Paul Hamilton sounds interesting. Saw it at Penguin for $49.95

IMAGINE A BOX THAT WILL CAPTURE A SPECTATOR'S MEMORY OR THOUGHT.

A BOX THAT WILL LET YOUR SPECTATOR KNOW WHEN THAT MEMORY HAS ENTERED THE BOX.

A BOX THAT WILL TAKE ON THE WEIGHT OF YOUR BURDEN FOREVER.

THE BURDEN BOX WILL DO JUST THAT.

Effect 1

You ask a spectator to think of a memory that's been preying on their mind for years. One that haunts them.

You tell them that you are about to capture that memory once and for all.

You hand them a small black box to hold. The box is empty and can be fully examined. You go on to explain that whilst they hold the box and send the memory to the box, they may feel something weird happen and not to be afraid or throw the box away. You also let them know that when that weird feeling happens, that is when the memory will enter the box. They will no longer be able to tell you what that memory was. You take the box from them and feel that it is heavy. You ask them to feel the weight -- they are unable to lift it off your hand now.

When you finally open the box, you are releasing the haunting burden once and for all. They are handed the box and they discover that it is as light as it was when things began.

Effect 2

You explain you are going to show your spectator what it feels like to receive a thought from someone.

You introduce a small black box and ask that they take the lid off and look inside.

Once they are satisfied that it's empty, you ask them to hold the box in their hand.

You then ask them to think of some personal information like a PIN number, and to send it to the box, only in their mind. They must concentrate on the box and believe that they can do this. They are asked to tell you the moment when they feel the thought enters the box.

All of a sudden, the box gets heavier and they shout out.

You take the box from them and tell them you felt it as well. You then reveal the thought to them in any way you wish. I write it down, crumple it up, hand it to them, and walk away.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2608 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I genuinely thought there had already been a thread about this product.

I saw it advertised some time ago. I think it's interesting and something I may be able to use, but without knowing more about its limitations and such I didn't really have any ideas of how to use it, so I forgot about it.

Have you purchased this or are you just asking about it in general terms?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I saw that this was mentioned in an old post in the Gospel section but I thought this was a new product. I'm intrigued.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2608 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Indeed. Unfortunately there just isn't much information in the ad copy and it didn't seem to make much of a splash in the community.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Hi Guys,

Burden Box now available at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......hamilton

We boths ship from the EU and the US depends on where you live. Smile

If you have any questions regarding the product don't hesitate to pm me. Smile

Best,
Tom
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I can't tell with editing Tom: I like to know if one, is it fully self contained and two, does the box go from light to heavy all while on spec's palm or with patter does it go from light to heavy, heavy to light while taking it back and forth.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Gotta say, it looks like a $40 box with a steel bottom Smile
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
821 Posts

Profile of Rook
I just received mine, but the YouTube address to the instructions may be in error, as the video not play.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3555 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I bought this off a Café member some months ago. I luv the concept and story that goes with it, but the mechanics, well, while it works (it's not meant to be a light heavy box as far as not being able to lift it) is a little too light for my liking. I'll need to beef up the gimmick. Haven't done that yet, but I think the idea is worthy of a little tweaking to get it right. Any magic that delivers a positive affirmation to your spectator is definitely good magic.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, takeachance wrote:
I bought this off a Café member some months ago. I luv the concept and story that goes with it, but the mechanics, well, while it works (it's not meant to be a light heavy box as far as not being able to lift it) is a little too light for my liking. I'll need to beef up the gimmick. Haven't done that yet, but I think the idea is worthy of a little tweaking to get it right. Any magic that delivers a positive affirmation to your spectator is definitely good magic.

Would you able to comment on MagicBrent's questions above? I have the same questions.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
399 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I'm very interested in this too. Is this something that can be adapted to another box or bag or envelope? I travel a lot and if I could adapt to a box that packs flat, OR be able to make a trip to Lowes or Walmart and make one up for an event last minute--this would be ideal.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
//Sean Beard
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3555 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yes you could. This is not a light heavy box remember, they just feel when their negative thought or fear is put in, an apparent change in weight, then just as fast, it disappears as their fear or negative influence disappears. The value for me was the story, the gimmicks are simple but well made. Is it over priced, well, that I guess is subjective. For me I like the direction of the story so I paid the price for the right to use it. The gimmick I'll change and tweak as I mentioned in my above post. I want to combine it with a Fraser Parker routine of suggestion from True Mysteries.
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
399 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
You can control the timing when the weight is added and removed?

Is it mechanical, or is it electronic?
//Sean Beard
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3555 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Yes you do control the timing. It's very simple, I guess you'd say its mechanical. It is very well made though
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, Tempesta wrote:

I don't own this but it seems you might be over-thinking this effect. If it's a box with a steel bottom one would think you would use some type of (here comes the "mystery word") m*g**t to make it appear heavier. My best guess.
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
399 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, drstevemagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2018, Tempesta wrote:

I don't own this but it seems you might be over-thinking this effect. If it's a box with a steel bottom one would think you would use some type of (here comes the "mystery word") m*g**t to make it appear heavier. My best guess.

Not over-thinking, I was attempting to get some insight without delving into blatantly exposing the effect like you did in your post.

Sigh.

And my question has been answered via PM—though it still applies whether it’s mechanical(you initiate the moment manually) or electronic(you press a button and remotely initiate).
//Sean Beard
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
[/quote]

Not over-thinking, I was attempting to get some insight without delving into blatantly exposing the effect like you did in your post.

Sigh.

[/quote]

Postulating as to the posible workings of an effect is considered a perfectly legitimate and acceptable use of these forums (not "blatant exposure" as you have criticized.)
Matti Kaki
View Profile
New user
Finland - - I.B.M. Finnish Magicians Assn
84 Posts

Profile of Matti Kaki
Is there a video which can be heard well? I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE-8GjhoIRQ video and the voice is very very low and there is some kind of disturbing music on background. Is the teaching video better?
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
257 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Rook wrote:
I just received mine, but the YouTube address to the instructions may be in error, as the video not play.

You have to substitute the last digit of the password which is mistakenly the "O" (capital) for a ZERO "0".
Then you will be able to gain access to the tutorial video.

Hope this helps.

Andrew.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
821 Posts

Profile of Rook
Thanks, Andrew! You were right.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Burden Box by Paul Hamilton (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL