The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science friction vs. Plasti-dip (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I don't see anywhere on Card-Shark website how you can get refills for Sci-Fri.

Has anyone gone through a can, if so, how many cards/decks did you make?
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Science Friction all the way. Amazing stuff !!
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
Make sure you are using the correct Flexidip:
Rust-oleum
FlexiDip
Gloss top coat
Clear Finish

Works GREAT
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2019, Jerry wrote:
I don't see anywhere on Card-Shark website how you can get refills for Sci-Fri.

Has anyone gone through a can, if so, how many cards/decks did you make?

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=196
aabc
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aabc
SF is the best by far IMO. Does the job perfectly.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:

Excellent find. I will be bookmarking this. I have always recommend just emailing Christian directly to obtain a refill at the lower cost. As much as I “champion the brand” (Phoenix Cards and Science Frixion over plastidip), I had never seen a direct link to order from. Thanks again for sharing that link.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Can you buy the refill without first having bought the $95 “package”? I suspect the page is in the SF members area.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
As I understand, you must be registered to get the refills. You get a registration number when you buy the main product package.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ccmwl
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
I'm in Australia and am interested in SF. However, Card Shark doesn't ship here as it contains aerosols. Will Penguin be able to do that?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You would have to ask them to be sure. Try the chat with a magician function while they are open and they can answer pretty much right away (in a few minutes anyway). They may be able to. The shipping problem from Card-Shark might be a “Germany issue” on what can and cannot be shipped or it could be that way for everyone. It is certainly worth asking Penguin over chat when they are open.

Smile Smile
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
If you bought Science Friction the can top will have a refill code on it. Stuff works great. Have redone several of my R&S tricks using it.
conjurus_maximus
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of conjurus_maximus
Is a card treated with science friction really examinable? You can give it away?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
It depends on how you define examinable? SF will create a slight dullness to the coating of a standard playing card. That slight dullness can also be felt, as the surface treated with SF will have a rough, ALMOST tacky surface to it. Consequently, if examinable means having someone suspect the card is gimmicked and then giving it to them, they will find the SF. Now if you mean examinable as in having them hold it during a trick when you are performing, so long as they are not looking at it closely, they shouldn't notice anything.

SF is expensive but I imagine you could very lightly treat a card and rub off most of it before handing it out. I doubt anyone would notice anything.

Quote:
On Jul 3, 2019, conjurus_maximus wrote:
Is a card treated with science friction really examinable? You can give it away?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Sander's Any Card reminds me that if you want to hand out a card, you can still use SF but just use it on a card OTHER than the one you want to hand out. SF will still work and the card to be handed out is clean.

Quote:
On Jul 3, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
It depends on how you define examinable? SF will create a slight dullness to the coating of a standard playing card. That slight dullness can also be felt, as the surface treated with SF will have a rough, ALMOST tacky surface to it. Consequently, if examinable means having someone suspect the card is gimmicked and then giving it to them, they will find the SF. Now if you mean examinable as in having them hold it during a trick when you are performing, so long as they are not looking at it closely, they shouldn't notice anything.

SF is expensive but I imagine you could very lightly treat a card and rub off most of it before handing it out. I doubt anyone would notice anything.

Quote:
On Jul 3, 2019, conjurus_maximus wrote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:

Just tried rubbing off Plasti-dip from a card... you can do it, and there doesn't appear to be anything left behind, *BUT* the time/effort needed to do so thoroughly would be rather difficult to cover / work into a routine, and if you don't get it all off, it's probably *more* noticeable.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I agree, that's why I updated my answer to say just treat the other card so no spray on the one you are handing out.

Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:

Just tried rubbing off Plasti-dip from a card... you can do it, and there doesn't appear to be anything left behind, *BUT* the time/effort needed to do so thoroughly would be rather difficult to cover / work into a routine, and if you don't get it all off, it's probably *more* noticeable.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
sfleury
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of sfleury
Hello
I broke my wrist and did not recover completely the sensitivity
Would SF help me in basic sleights (double lifts, Elmsley count ...) ?
Thanks
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2019, sfleury wrote:
Hello
I broke my wrist and did not recover completely the sensitivity
Would SF help me in basic sleights (double lifts, Elmsley count ...) ?
Thanks

In the context of a specific handling of the ambitious card routine, it has the potential to help greatly with DLs -- that's the premise of the Delicious Ambitious product.
I think it would cause more problems than it would cure with an Elmsley count.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
My science friction cap is broken. Does anyone know if plasti dip or rustoleum has the same type of cap so I can buy a can and swap it out. Does anyone know where to buy the same kind of caps? I've reached out to the science friction manufacturer several times, but have had no luck. Basically I have a useless can of science friction because the can doesn't spray -- I think it's the cap, but not sure. $95 pretty much wasted.
chrom
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of chrom
Did you contact cardshark? I had the same thing happen. I purchased different replacement caps on Amazon and they didn't work. I ended up having to get an exchange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Science friction vs. Plasti-dip (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL