The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What DL would you advise a beginner to study? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I wasn't particularly impressed with the way the Vernon double lift was taught in "Stars of Magic", but I think Richard Kaufman teaches it pretty well in his "Basic Card Technique" DVD/Video.

(My apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I felt the information on the Vernon DL was worth sharing.)
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I've used the one from Expert Card Technique for years among others I've learned since then.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
If he's good at misdirection, he should have no problem in pushing off two cards and getting a little finger break without being noticed.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Vernon's double lift is my favorite.

For a beginner I'd recommend starting with a pinky break under the top 2 cards. Once double lifts under this starting scenario are mastered I'd move to some push off methods which don't require a pinky break get ready.

Take care,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Ron Bauer's TTT Technique. And yes, I know that since I've published it I risk being accused of being prejudiced, but anyone who's seen it will know that it's
the best out there.

SEY
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I can recommend where I started, and that was the Hit Double Lift from Stars of Magic.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2004-04-29 22:10, wsduncan wrote:

Teach your friend that the best double lift is the one that isn't noticed.

Now that's the best piece of advice of all that anyone has given IMHO! I must agree with wsduncan 100% and that advice is hard to be consistent with! Whatever DL is used, the trick is to be unnoticed when performing it.
:bluebikes:

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
I'm surprised that no one mentioned Lee Asher's Diving Board Double. I use it quite a bit. It takes a little getting used to (stretching the thumb) but it is a nice double lift one you get it down.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What DL would you advise a beginner to study? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL