The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Whistle Blower by O'Grady Creations (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
"Really, this has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have run into in a long time. "

your as dumb as you are up tight. This type of powder prank has been around a long long time.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2018, andrew124C41 wrote:
It has been said that if a person has nothing good to say it is best to say nothing at all. However, in this instance, I cannot nor will I restrain myself. For one thing, I do not like "pranks" that are at an individuals' expense. There are tons of pranks and jokes available that don't do this. (This is one of the reasons I have never liked Howard Stearn.)

Frankly, this was not only not a particularly bright idea but subject the manufacturer to potential litigation. Baby Powder has a number of formulations which can include talc, cornstarch, and tricalcium phosphate. While the danger of talc has now been widely recognized, it is still available in some formulations. Small particulate powders if inhaled can result in a range of problems including pneumonitis and asthma. Really, this has to be one of the stupidest ideas I have run into in a long time.

"Developed to spray powder on the cheeks..." I saw the video. Whoever believes this is kidding himself. If I were consulting for the plaintiff I would have the video introduced as evidence. The jury would be hard-pressed not to find for the plaintiff after seeing it.

The creator would be well advised to withdraw this insane prank from the market before some untoward event occurs resulting in litigation which I can guarantee he will lose.

Hi andrew,
Really appreciate your time to come on here and respond, it’s greatly appreciated.

However, we do not advise to use talc in The Whistle Blower, as you are well aware, talc is dangerous so we advise against using it.

We also have a disclaimer on using the product, so please make sure you read that before you make your purchase.

Thanks
Jordan
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
If anyone needs tips and tricks on using The Whistle Blower, there should be a link to our Facebook group in the video instructions. I should be able to offer direct support for you all then with all my products.

Thanks
Jordan
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I would like to see a photo of the actual device...the demos only show a portion I see its orange in color but that's about it
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2018, shomemagic wrote:
I would like to see a photo of the actual device...the demos only show a portion I see its orange in color but that's about it

Hi,
You can see the design on the youtube video's although its brief, check out 17 seconds and 34 seconds.

http://www.ogradycreations.com/product/the-whistle-blower/

Showing any close ups may tip the method to the general public and we didn't want todo that.

Regards
Jordan
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2018, RNK wrote:
I can't wait to receive mine!

RNK

Did it arrive ok?

Jordan
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes! Just received it yesterday. Really looking forward to my first victim, lol. I do like the method used to create just the whistle sound and then when you hand it to them to blow, POOF!

Super easy to do and seems to be well made.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Now, after I blow in it, I plan on carrying some alcohol wipes to clean the whistle before I hand it to them to blow. This process will help hide the necessary thing to do to "de-activate" the whistle to face painting mode!

RNK
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
As Dave Loosley said, "A perfect portable version of my favorite gag!"
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, MurphysNEW wrote:

May be, but you will agree that 'The Whistle Blower' sadly lacks the flavor, richness, beauty & class of the good old 'Divers Lung Tester'. Right"? Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Im familiar with the prop but not the method so apologies for asking a question that many may know the answer to but how easy is this to do in reverse?

As a kids/family magician I can see lots of possibilities with using this the other way with me being the victim.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
What's dangerous about talc?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, MurphysNEW wrote:

May be, but you will agree that 'The Whistle Blower' sadly lacks the flavor, richness, beauty & class of the good old 'Divers Lung Tester'. Right"? Smile

Smile

Of course it does. Though for a portable version to carry in your pocket this is perfect as the final outcome results in the same reactions/fun from the audience and the victim. Something I know I don't have to tell you Ustaad, it's not the prop but the performer, his/her presentation, and the final outcome resulting from the prop that makes the effect successful whether it's a plain looking whistle or some fancy elegant looking good old Lung Tester.

RNK
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Got my order in. Time for some office fun Smile
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, MazingMandy wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44816805
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, RNK wrote:

Of course it does. Though for a portable version to carry in your pocket this is perfect as the final outcome results in the same reactions/fun from the audience and the victim. Something I know I don't have to tell you Ustaad, it's not the prop but the performer, his/her presentation, and the final outcome resulting from the prop that makes the effect successful whether it's a plain looking whistle or some fancy elegant looking good old Lung Tester.

RNK, I have always agreed to your point of view and reasoning. And I have no reason for not doing so now. Smile

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44816805

In today’s world everything has some kind of a side effect, even the air we breathe. If we start thinking in this manner, we will not enjoy our day to day living. The laws in the State of California are such that one good day you will be asked to breathe pure oxygen and forget the natural air around you.

Money and greed (which sadly are correlated) has become part of today’s living.

Sooner or later, for all of us mortals, the inevitable has to happen, so let's make the best of what we like, enjoy and relish.

There is no end to these things.

My very personal thoughts - Just MY thoughts please.

Smile
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:

We don’t advise to use talc with The Whistle Blower.

Jordan
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2018, Billybonkers wrote:
Im familiar with the prop but not the method so apologies for asking a question that many may know the answer to but how easy is this to do in reverse?

As a kids/family magician I can see lots of possibilities with using this the other way with me being the victim.

Anyone?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2018, RNK wrote:

RNK, I have always agreed to your point of view and reasoning. And I have no reason for not doing so now. Smile

Smile

Thank you Ustaad, coming from you that truly means a lot!

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Whistle Blower by O'Grady Creations (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL