The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Marvey Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I agree Klye it looks great. I was just wondering if anyone knew what he used to produce those cards?....

Take care, Bry
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
It's Marvey's attempt (a successful one!) at a card catcher. His method isn't published, nor sold anywhere.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
Does it have anything to do with the Spider Gimmick, with black art addition?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It just looks like a wire card catcher to me!
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I don't understand what you mean wmhegbli. Card catchers hide on the back of your hand, therefore eliminating you from opening the fingers. There's a little more to the technique than wire.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Wrong Mr. Scot. Watch the video. It is only wire, going down the 3rd finger. Yes it is behind the hand. Think 'outside the circle'! You may be refusing to accept the obvious.

I made one up myself after seeing the Marvey act on TV, and it works great.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Bill, where would I be able to find any info on a wire card catcher?.......

Take care, Bry
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Quote:
On 2004-05-07 16:13, -The Scot- wrote:
His method isn't published, nor sold anywhere.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Kevin, you didn't need to repost your comment. If you read Bill's post he stated that he had made one. That is what I was referring my question to.......

Take care, Bry
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe it is very obvious in the video. I cannot believe you cannot see it.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Bill, I've watched it over and over. I can see that the card is gimmicked but I guess it's just not as obvious to me as it is to you, sorry. My email is bry1513@msn.com if you wish to help me out any.....

Take care, Bry
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
When I watched the video I have of WTG, he does a backpalm with one card, then moves his fingers around, then produces it. Then later he does the same with a stock of cards. Is a card catcher of some sort being used?
I've worked on it barehanded for some time now. The closest thing I have gotten is doing a "back finger palm," then trying to show the fingers free. It works but not like Marvey's.
K
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It seems funny no one notices that Marvey does not even touch the cards as they appear. They are suspended in mid-air. His index finger and thumb reach up to meet the cards sticking up.

Anyway, it is his invention and not our property to use or make. I just made it for fun. I would never use it. It is not angle proof anyway.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Bill, I do notice everything you describe when I watch the video but I just can't figure out where they come from or how they get there. You just have much much more experience than I do. You do have me feeling a little stupid though if it's that obvious. Looks like I need to study more...........

Take care, Bry
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Marvey definitely uses a kind of spider gimmick at times. Years ago I freeze framed it. There are some frames where it is quick clear. However, he also uses legitimate backpalming as well. This use of a gimmick caused some controversy when Marvey first sold his back palming cards as some people thought buying the cards would allow them to duplicate what Marvey was doing with the gimmick.
dsilverfield
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of dsilverfield
But I remember a postscript clearly stating that buying those cards will not allow people to do the same thing he does.
four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
It has been a while since these posts, does anyone have a copy of the video mentioned. I could not find one Peter's web site and my search on the web did not turn up anything either.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2004-05-16 04:42, dsilverfield wrote:
But I remember a postscript clearly stating that buying those cards will not allow people to do the same thing he does.

If anyone suggested Marvey's manipulation cards help achieve the productions he does on WGM they were wrong. The cards, like Nielsen, Chen, and Murphy, are just cards. To assume the mere $20 deck would do so is wishful thinking.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Where I find appering silks from hand like Marvey act ?
this great for my act .

thank you
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2005-10-16 14:27, dmagic wrote:
Where I find appering silks from hand like Marvey act ?
this great for my act .

thank you

Yeah his entire act is great. That silk production is also unique to his act damgic. Not readily sold or available as a stock item. If you watch his version closely, you can come up with your own. Let it serve as an inspiration to create your own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Marvey Act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL