The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Max Malini inertia egg stunt (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
I've known about this since reading about it in my first kid magic books, but never tried it myself. I recently realized that I've never seen it actually performed live, so figured I'd give it a try. It was actually pretty fun to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNdfM8aqVrM&t=3s
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Nicely done!!! Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Egg-ceptionally well performed. Smile
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Really cool! I know it works, but still cringed until they fell in. Great job!
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Hi David. Bill Okal used to close his street shows with the Malini stunt.It was his money or hat trick.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I did it for YEARS, in my school assembly program, for all ages. It was FUN, and ALWAYS got a "big mitt". It involved 13 props and water, but, it was worth carrying. I had seen it done, and the late Larry Weeks ("This is the army" fame) sold me a plexiglass tray, when I decided to do it on the road. I helped my pal, Karrell Fox, when he wanted to do a juggling bit in his W..C. Fields act.

The late George Jason, "got" 12 + minutes out of it! (12 minutes of LAUGHS, and APPLAUSE.

The late Emil Jarrow, a "standard act" in vaudeville (bill in lemon fame) CLOSED with INERTIA.

The late Robert Parrish wrote, "Great Tricks Revisited". He described at least a half dozen of the old timers' routines, including Max Malini's. I often used Inertia, when I was on an "all magic" bill. (Novelty!)

I wrote some notes on Inertia, in my book. I had red lighted it, when I down sized my prop case.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
Hi Charlie!

I guess I should've guessed that you'd actually performed this, Dick Smile
It's good to hear stories of it being done out in the real world. I really enjoyed doing it for the video, but don't see myself putting it in a live show anytime soon, unless I can come up with a decent presentation.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Max Malini inertia egg stunt (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL