The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Misers Dream (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
noland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of noland
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, Dapperdan wrote:
To help the coins drop, make sure they are spread such that the "top coin" is against your finger tips and the "bottom coin" is against the bucket. In other words, your finger tips should be touching the entire coin of the next one to drop. This gives you more control than if it were reversed. (Not sure I'm explaining that well... can someone that understands what I mean clarify at all? Smile )

Actually, there are two schools of thought on how the coins should be stacked when held against the inside of the bucket. I found both approaches in Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic. The Glenn Harrison routine, illustrated on page 323 of my copy, shows the coins flipped downward, that is, the full surface of the top most coin is visible, but it then overlaps the next coin so that only the edge of that coin is visible, and the same is true of the rest of the coins in the stack--only the edges are visible. As I recall, this flipped down stack is the one Chris Capehart uses. It does make it easy to release a stream of coins in quick succession as Chris does when all the kids start throwing invisible coins toward the bucket and you here them landing fast but separately in the bucket. The 2nd approach is used in the Charles Earl Miller's routine described in Bobo on p. 433. Here, the coins are flipped up, with the full surface of the bottom most coin exposed. This is the approach I believe Dapperdan is describing. When I started doing Miser's Dream, I learned my routine using the flipped up stack too. Then, later, when I decided to add Chris Capehart's bit where the whole roomful of kids throws the coins in the bucket, I learned to use the flipped down version as well, but only for this one move. I'm so used to using the flipped-up version, though, I was never able to unlearn using it in the first half of my routine--so I use both approaches in the same routine. I don't recommend doing this, it's just how things worked out for me. But should know there are 2 approaches, and probably are worth experimenting with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Misers Dream (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL