The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rolling magic on a mobility scooter (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Here I am at the California State Fair doing magic on my mobility scooter.

Click here to view attached image.
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
How long have you been doing magic on a scooter and how is it going.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1197 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I wished I had known! Feel free to let me know of any future rolling gigs.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2018, magicianroger wrote:
How long have you been doing magic on a scooter and how is it going.

I just started. It works well so far.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
437 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
That is Awsome!!
Justin77
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Justin77
Wow, that's amazing! Which <a href="http://www.scootersnchairs.com">scooter</a> do you use when practicing magic?
Justin77
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Justin77
Seeing gomerel's post made me think of something. I bought a table at a flea market sometime back that would work with the proper modifications. It's a walker. You know, the four-legged adjustable "help you walk things" that people who have trouble walking unasissted use. Go to: http://www.scootersnchairs.com for a picture of one. They are height adjustable, very stable, and can support a good amount of weight. You just have to find the best way to attach a table top to it. Which should be easy; as the attaching system will be unseen you could also suspend a device to hold the tricks you had already used underneath. The possibilities are endless. The best part of this (for me
Smile ) is the price. If you go to flea markets, yard sales, and thrift shops, you can pick up one of these walkers for around $5.00 which is what I paid for mine. Thanks for the inspiration CharlieP. I would never have thought of this without that website. I was about to cut it up and make a couple of adjustable canes out of it. (Another hobby, I make walkingsticks and canes).
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9024 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have used a walker as a performing table for years. There is a tray available that can fit over the handles.
Put on backwards it even has wells for ditches. I added an artist 4-drawer box and bicycle bags on the side.

Very versatile and ideal for table hopping. I also have as stool that hangs on the side if I need to sit.

Packed away right now, but I will use it next summer.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1200 Posts

Profile of imgic
Years ago in college I was hired as a street performer for a local fair. I’d never seen a street performer and we didn’t have internet back then. I went to Goodwill trying to figure out what to use for a table and came across a folding walker and a briefcase that fit perfectly into the top. The front cross beam of the walker was perfect spot to hang a sign. Was able to carry all my props in the briefcase. Worked like a charm.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rolling magic on a mobility scooter (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL