The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Eddie Fechter in Performance at the Forks Hotel (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
A wonderful performance by Eddie Fechter at the Forks Hotel, 1978. Video by Brian Gillis.

lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Thanx Pop. I'd seen this video before; but I never knew it was taken by Brian Gillis, whom we so recently lost! You'd mentioned how Brian was influenced by Eddie Fechter... this is proof positive. Lynn
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Eddie's ability to engage the spectator--to get them involved both by the magic and through his emotional and intellectual reaction to the spectators' behavior--is something that is very apparent in this performance, and also in Brian's.
Carta Mundi
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Carta Mundi
That was Absolutely Fabulous. Just brilliant.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Thanks for showing this here. I was aware of the footage but not who had shot it.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Here are a couple of Fechter routines from my performance last night in the WC Fields Bar at the Magic Castle:

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2018, Pop Haydn wrote:
A wonderful performance by Eddie Fechter at the Forks Hotel, 1978. Video by Brian Gillis.

Wow!! Thank you Pop for posting this. Eddie Fechter is a legend but I never got to see a performance. This is simply brilliant. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Eddie Fechter in Performance at the Forks Hotel (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL