The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi! I am new here. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Patrick Talsma
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids Mi.
3 Posts

Profile of Patrick Talsma
Hey there. My name is Patrick. My interest in magic has been rekindled recently. When I was a teenager, a slept ate and breathed magic. I was a junior member of the local IBM. I had a show and performed for Birthday party’s , school groups and company party’s. Then my interests changed and I sold all my props and even my doves. I kept a few things and continued performing just for family and friends.
The magic bug bit me again recently. I made a couple visits to colon Michigan. What a great time was had at Abbott’s magic and the annual flea market and auction. I have a bought a few utility items and am learning some routines. I am in my mid fifty’s now and compared to my early years, I would buy every prop and trick that I desired. And my mind was like a sponge learning new routines. I am excited to have found this forum and look forward to learning and contributing .
Patrick
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Patrick Talsma,

And welcome back to Magic.

I hear so many great things about Colon Michigan.

I'm glad you were inspired to get back into Magic. Do you have the same areas of interest as you did before?

-Mary Mowder
Patrick Talsma
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids Mi.
3 Posts

Thank you Mary for the welcome.
I’m studying some sleights with cards and have gotten together some items like rope, Silks
and a t*****p. I regret no longer having the effects that I once had.
I have read you post about avoiding such pitfalls. I realize a lot of them were self working.
I’m thinking a lot about the use of common objects as props.
I have a lot of challenges ahead of me, however. Having carpal tunnel in my hands and
looking at surgery later this year.
I plan to do all I can despite their diagnosis.
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Welcome to The Magic Café! We're glad to have you. I'm a close up magician too. What magic do you do now?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Happy to have you here Patrick Talsma!

I had a temporary bout of carpal tunnel about 15 years ago...so painful. I was able to reorient the way I sat and used my keyboard, and was able to fortunately recover. Sorry to hear you have to have surgery. We're rooting for you! (For me, magic has little to do with method, and everything to do with mystery. An evocative self-worker presented with passion and conviction will kill every time).
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Patrick Talsma
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids Mi.
3 Posts

Thanks Oz and Brady
I’m messing with cards and other small things.
I feel like I’m starting from the beginning once more.
However, I appreciate the encouragement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi! I am new here. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL