The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Split focus Gregory Wilson (83 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14~15~16 [Next]
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Greg is smart about the market. Split coins have been around for quite a while. Greg has had several routines like this that uses a shell and two coins, Josh Jay has one with a shell and a flipper and then moved to a single coin and two nesting shells . A split coin is kind of a nataural progression of simplicity, pocket space, ease of use, durabilty and so on.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I did not have a coin set like this, love coin magic but not a coin expert, and really like Gregory Wilson.
This was an easy purchase. I was not disappointed, but as was mentioned, there's dirt around the front and back edges; I need to clean up the coins a bit...
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Sent a note to Greg yesterday and got a response last night regarding mine (ordered last week). He was out of town and they should have shipped yesterday. Hopefully have these puppies in hand early next week.
nornando
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nornando
I was on the fence about this. First, I'm not really a coin guy and second, as others have said, If you have the coins. you can learn the routine from watching the demo. But it is G. Wilson and I've never been disappointed with his stuff. I took the bait and glad I did. First you get all the little ins and outs on the download that sell the effect and second the coins (I got Ike's cause Morgans are unusual and since most people have never seen, they can draw undue attention - "can I see one of those coins?" - I've had it happen.) are very well made. It's a tad pricey but hey, it's something you can carry in your pocket and, with minimal skill, look like you're way better than you really are any place any time.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2018, nornando wrote:
(I got Ike's cause Morgans are unusual and since most people have never seen, they can draw undue attention - "can I see one of those coins?" - I've had it happen.) are very well made.

That is why I carry a real coin too for other effects, sometimes teaching them the -disappearing coin from the folded pant leg- trick.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
For guys who enjoy performing both mentalism and sleight of hand magic the BLINK wallet by Looch serves as the perfect holdout! Those who own it will understand my comment. Just place the wallet into your back pocket with the correct orientation Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2018, nornando wrote:
I got Ike's cause Morgans are unusual and since most people have never seen, they can draw undue attention - "can I see one of those coins?" - I've had it happen.

"Most" people, who have never seen a Morgan, have "probably" never seen an Ike either. At least that has been my experience. They know Halves and silver dollars "exist" but have not seen or held one before. I always introduce my coins beforehand as "my grandpa's coins he left me" or I started collecting silver instead of investing in an IRA because I can write off my investments as "work related expenses". Sometimes I hand one out to one person but usually do not have an issue. To me, it is like a stage magician introducing his "lovely assistant". No one wants to question her about how much "magic training" she has. They accept that the assistant or the props are there and now will do their thing under your control.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Well stated PD, well stated! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
So, I read the coins aren't "soft"... but was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Morgans in this set are 1921 or pre-1904 coins?
I did send Greg a message, but was wondering if perhaps someone here may know the answer...

Thanks.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Mine are 1899 and 1904.

Robert
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Why does the date matter, they're replicas?
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Xcath1 wrote:
Why does the date matter, they're replicas?

It’s mostly to see if they’ll match my current sets, including my replica Morgan’s. Not sure why there’s any harm in asking?

All th best,
Steve
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Robert M wrote:
Mine are 1899 and 1904.

Robert

Being replicas I'm surprised that the dates are not the same. But kind of nice that they aren't although it really doesn't matter one or the other.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
No harm at all, I was curious what effect it would have on their appearance. I also think of Morgans as 1921s vs the earlier issues in terms of cosmetic appearance. I didn't know if all replicas looked the same no matter their date stamp.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Robert M wrote:
Mine are 1899 and 1904.

Robert

Thank you for letting us know.

I wish they showed the coins on the sales page of this product...

/Steve
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Anyone have any photos of this in a Morgan? If so could you share a photo of it? Just curious as to how the coin looks (in terms of relief / finish)... haven't received a reply to the email I sent to them about it so figured I'd ask here.
EobardT
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of EobardT
Really Like the routine but I like many others here already have a very similar set, so for me its too much money. just my two cents
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
I am a big fan of Greg Wilson and this is something I wish I had picked up at his lecture a few months ago. Just received my set in the mail and spent the day enjoying the wonderful prop and straight forward but deceptive routining Greg shares.
I sometimes think people don't appreciate the beauty of simplicity. Greg's moves are so economical and natural that the routine is near perfect. I can't wait to try this out, but have some work to do before it is ready. Bravo Greg, Another beautiful release.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2018, EobardT wrote:
Really Like the routine but I like many others here already have a very similar set, so for me its too much money. just my two cents

So for that reason... I'm out.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2018, einhorn wrote:
I am a big fan of Greg Wilson and this is something I wish I had picked up at his lecture a few months ago. Just received my set in the mail and spent the day enjoying the wonderful prop and straight forward but deceptive routining Greg shares.
I sometimes think people don't appreciate the beauty of simplicity. Greg's moves are so economical and natural that the routine is near perfect. I can't wait to try this out, but have some work to do before it is ready. Bravo Greg, Another beautiful release.

I recently picked it up from one of Gregs lectures. I too like his work and feel it is incredibly natural. I love his thinking and his work. So I would probably buy a lump of dog poo off him if he had a good natural looking routine for it. I mean what can be more organic than poo?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Split focus Gregory Wilson (83 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL