The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill Malone - Matrix Presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BerlinWizard
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of BerlinWizard
Hi there everyone,

In Bill Malone's version of Maxtrix on his On the Loose DVDs, he does a very nice false count off the deck into his hands of 5 cards. He then makes one of these disapear using rub-a-dub-dub and lays out four cards. My question is: does anyone know the name of this false count and how it is performed?

Thanks for any help!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I bet it's the one from Darwin ortiz' psychotronic card
BerlinWizard
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of BerlinWizard
Btw, here is a link to the performance: https://youtu.be/iJ2OUfwt0Zs?t=786
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
Wow I hate those fake spectators so much.
I don't know about the count though, sorry haha. Did you try asking in the cards forum?
BerlinWizard
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of BerlinWizard
I found the move on "Worlds Greatest Magic - Master Card Technique Vol 1"

It's a variation of "Willane's False Count".
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, BerlinWizard wrote:

You should buy the Malone dvd. There is a lot more stuff to learn. however the move you are looking for is also on the WGM like you said. . I do not own WGM tho. Good luck!
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, daniel116 wrote:
I don't know about the count though, sorry haha. Did you try asking in the cards forum?

I love how Bill calls him out on the over reaction.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2018, Matthew Crabtree wrote:
Quote:

Man, for a minute there I thought you were talking about me. ha, 😀
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
Quote:
Quote:

minute?
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2018, daniel116 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

minute?

13:17 he is freaking out and Bill is like calm down it's just Marlo
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
LOL Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
That one audience guy is too much, always laughing wildly and clapping. He's been in a lot of those. I hope he is actually having a good time. Or being paid well.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I hope the OP got his link to the count sleight.

Going to the coin assembly trick. And hypothetically... What's your feeling about giving someone the purse and asking them to take out the five coins?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

The volunteer with the purse finds four coins. You handle the situation by vanishing a card so now it's 4 and 4
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Okay, any comment on using a card vanish as opposed to a card change to wake folks up for the coin assembly?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 24, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, BerlinWizard wrote:

You should buy the Malone dvd. There is a lot more stuff to learn. however the move you are looking for is also on the WGM like you said. . I do not own WGM tho. Good luck!

Where, specifically, on the Malone DVD is that count?
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
It is in Bill Malone On the Loose Vol 2, personally I think the matrix is a coin trick and adding to it a card trick is too much magic, he has already showed that he can handle cards, sounds redundant, I assume Malone does it to make the routine play longer, I will watch it again to see if he mentions something on why the cards are added to the trick, I don't remember. however in my view just do Schneider matrix on its own and it will be sufficient. Malone mentioned he uses Scheneider's on his.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Correcting my previous post, I just watched the DVD again Malone on the loose Vol 2, where he uses Marlo's false count with the card, and Schneider's matrix twice. The explanation is ONLY on the coin matrix, he started the explanation with 4 cards in the hands and he does not make any reference to the false count, at least in the matrix explanation.

As a side point, Malone has a persona when he performs between goofy and wise guy, and he is totally different when he explains the tricks, he even uses a different clothing. He is a really great performer/actor where he can separate his stage behavior from his personal behavior. Another aspect to learn from Mallone.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2019, pabloinus wrote:
...As a side point, Malone has a persona when he performs between goofy and wise guy, and he is totally different when he explains the tricks, he even uses a different clothing. He is a really great performer/actor where he can separate his stage behavior from his personal behavior. Another aspect to learn from Mallone.

I absolutely love Bill Malone, he is indeed a spectacular closeup magician with a character all his own. To me, he is as good a closeup man as any I've ever seen, cards, coins, whatever!.

*A little story...

As a personal aside, I actually met Bill Malone in Boca Raton, FL many years ago now while attending work meetings there. One night we went out on a cruise and lo & behold, Bill Malone was the magician for the evening. WOW!!! Smile I don't think anyone else knew who he was, but I sure did. Smile I sat right next to him for his presentation and was blown away right up close with everyone else there again & again. I mean, I knew some of this stuff and couldn't see a darn thing as he delivered one trick after another for the evening. Man, he was amazing! And yes, he did do the famous, "Sam The Bellhop"...Just brilliant to watch right up close happen in his hands. Smile

I got a chance to speak with him afterwards and told him I was somewhat of a magician. He invited me to stop by his Magic Bar there in the hotel. I hadn't noticed it there until he mentioned it, but the next day I did go by and he was there and shared some more magic with me, even gave me a poster and treated me to a drink. Just a really nice guy that just also happens to be a super magician. It remains some of the most special magical moments in my journey. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill Malone - Matrix Presentation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL