The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The workers Ľ Ľ Would a real cheat write this? Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31 [Next]
appl3tard
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of appl3tard
Dear Tonto,

You expect everyone around the whole world to cut the deck and complete the cut using "1" hand or use cut cards? (It's just not going to happen everywhere).

The bottom portion should be personally replaced on the cut off part. And the deck should be squared up personally when playing "normally" or against doubtful company. (That gives the reason to use the other hand).
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
DOC: your moves are amazing and I think you should ignore this Tonto guy.
I've said it before but I'd like to hear his reaction on this:

You only spot it (although I think you don't) because you know what is going to happen, and when. In a game, DOC won't stand up to say he is going to bring in a friend of his named Cooler, and then waits for everyone to spot his moves. You would be conned before you could blink your eyes.
Deal cards, not drugs!
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
(Tonto)

As for the authorities referenced in your various posts, why is it that none of these authorities come to Doc's defense. Could it be that they too realize that Doc is a rank amateur, and they don't want to be embarrassed?

(Doc)

Tonto you have asked the right question why? I donít know. Maybe Iíve ****ed them off for talking too much? Maybe they all called each other or got together and black listed me. Maybe they were going to show my stuff as theirs and I did it before they could and they got mad. Maybe they have jobs that they have to attend to. Maybe theyíre getting things together for another movie and donít have the time. Maybe Iím hogging up the show or maybe they just donít feel like it. Whatever reason it might be shouldnít you ask them instead of me?

Donít get me wrong, I respect everybody whom I meet and I have love for everybody but I donít hold my tongue for anyone especially when Iím teaching and neither do they. They are straightforward individuals like myself of whom I respect and quiet as kept they will knock you the f*** out if you rub them the wrong way gamblers or not.

Besides, I donít need any validation from anyone confirming the validity of me being the Doc and if I did, Iíve already received it by two of my gambling idols Darwin Ortiz (the highest level that a gambling demonstrator can obtain without being the real thing) and Steve Forte when they both seen my work. I got a certificate with a risen seal of approval by both worlds and a Ph. D (please help doubters) degree to prove it.

Answering My Questions

Tonto whatís wrong with my readers answering questions for me when they already know the answer? I donít want puppets I want students that will stand up and speak their own minds; not Docís mind. Tonto this world doesnít revolve around you or I and since they are our leaders of tomorrow Iím glad that theyíre speaking out and testifying to the truth that they know to be true. Quiet as kept, if you didnít know it or not YOU are the Test Sheet for my students and they just passed with flying colors.

They are going back and re-reading my post, they are reading between the lines, they are not just accepting things that I say; they are using their own minds and Iím proud of them for doing so.

Tonto we live in the real world, we are not rich and play in exclusive environments like you, we are the little guys trying to make it or make ends meet so why donít you do what the gambler tell all the suckers to do who want to explain why they lost or why they got cheated etc, ďTell Your Story Walking and donít let the door hit you in the butt.Ē

Your Friendly Nemesis

Docholiday

P.S. Tonto I misunderstood your word rank because in our slang rank(ed) means that you can't do a particular move any longer because everyone knows about it already.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Doc,

I finally got into that forum to see your cold deck stuff. Pretty amazing. I love to be a fly on the wall when you are working (in whatever capacity) You've got me working on it, even if I only perform as a magician (who, of course, brazenly allows the layman to think I am a cardshark of the highest order. That's show-biz).

Have a good day. . . .

Ron "Hyperbole" Giesecke
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Yeah I too love to tell people I can cheat anyone Smile
And when they see me deal four queens very casually after some shuffling, they oten believe me Smile
Deal cards, not drugs!
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Doc:
"To see what Iím talking about watch Steveís promo tape of his 4 Part GPS and youíll understand."


I can't find these promo's, are they available on net? Every site I've been at, looking for the GPS-tapes, have not had any movies.

Doc:
"More cold deck videos are up for those who care to look. I don't use these moves anymore except one so do as you wish with them. (Video 2 and 3)."


I cannot find these movies on cyngaporemagic nor c_N_c, and I'm writing this the day after you posted the videos. Are they already withdrawn?


With all respect,

Samuel
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
15911 Posts

Profile of tommy
"Note: Readerís itís a fact that these clubs DO NOT PURCHASE NEW DECKS OF PLASTIC (KEM OR GEMCO) CARDS EVERYDAY FOR THEIR MEMBERS TO PLAY WITH AND NEITHER DO THEY WASH EVERY PLAYING CARD EVERYDAY, THEY WASH PARTICULAR CARDS ONLY WHEN NECESSARY, this is the reason they buy plastic cards because itís cheaper and they last longer."

What Doc says above is true, as I run a game I know.
Also, and you will not believe this, but I go to a casino that has used the same deck for the last 12 months and if I go there tonight that deck will be being used at one of the tables. And this casino is no sawdust joint.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Yeh, MC hammer, he was a hustler.

he tried to con us into thinking those baggy trousers were cool.
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
15911 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On 2004-08-09 23:35, rawdawg wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-08-09 14:32, tonto wrote:

For the benefit of the uninitiated, I will tell you a few of the rules that are strictly enforced in any money game played in any club, private or public, in America.

1. The cards must be cut with one hand.
(The dealer can replace the cut, but generally the person who cuts the cards will replace the cut.) Cutting the cards with two hands is forbidden.

2. The cards must be cut.

3. Fancy cuts such as three pile cuts are forbidden.

Additionally, cash in the player's hand is unheard of. All money games, played anywhere in Asia, Europe and America, are played with chips (also called checks).


Every single statement above is incorrect in regards to the private games I've played in Southern California. Keep in mind, I only play private low stakes(a couple hundred or so) Hold 'em.


At first glance I was going to agree with this, because it is in fact how I see poker being played. In fact it is not true as a poker game can start up anywhere, Hotels, Pool Halls and homes etc. I seen it happen time and time again, guys just buy a deck of cards and start playing poker for the cash in their pockets. Me and the boys had to go and see a layer ounce and we ended up playing poker for cash in his office. Also a lot places are not surpossed to allow gambling on their premises but they do. Such places do not want Gambling Chips in the place, because it is evidence if they get raided. Anyone living in the real world knows this to be true. Some of the biggest games I have played in started like this. There were no rules but one, "Don't get caught"
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Yiannis
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago USA
352 Posts

Profile of Yiannis
Tommy,

I couldn't agree more with what you stated. Private games are played exactly this way. In Greece, by the time police arrives the place has turned into a church hall Smile
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Ron your previous post was very funny about your wife hitting you with that news paper. I'd like also to thank you for your compliment on my handling.

Doc

Samuel there would be no more Cold Deck videos because the more I show, the more people will criticize my other ones and as I previously posted, that gets on my nerves especially when they can't do the move or never seen it before; I'm crazy like that and this is why I took them down.

For those who saw it good and for those who didn't please get it from one of your friends.

Sincerely

Doc
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
684 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Quote:
On 2004-08-10 14:23, tommy wrote:
Also a lot places are not surpossed to allow gambling on their premises but they do.


Over here in Cali, I think it's because of taxes. The State wants its cut. Even so, I've sat down in private games full of cops and firemen. As far as I know it, Poker, like Beer, Guns & Chevy Small Blocks, is a God Given Right.

;)
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
15911 Posts

Profile of tommy
Hong Kong Wong the Chinese Card Cheat
seems to be doing better than Doc at the moment.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/07......dler.ap/
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
684 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
It's gotta' be the name. Hong Kong Wong is pretty marketable, not to mention easy to rhyme with for the bling bling rappers.

Maybe Doc needs a name upgrade?

Pappa Doc Stocker
Doc the Stock Locker
No Knock Doc
Doc the Rock Clocker
Doc "Cold Cuts" Holiday

I'm just thinking out loud here.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
vernal
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vernal
Posted for your consideration:

http://www.newsday.com/news/columnists/n......lumnists

"Did you know my father could palm two pair of dice in the creases of his palm while scooping a third pair off the table and releasing one of the pair from his creases - without batting an eye? He had so many dice in his car trunk. He said he had 3,000 sets of dice in his trunk. He could excuse himself from any game, go out to the car and return with dice that matched those in the game and could fit two sets in his hand and make people lose."

In case the link does not work, it is from a Jimmy Breslin article in Newsday titled "She got a one-of-a-kind childhood education".
"Finger-flinging has about as much relation to magic as a Jazz Band has to Music." - J.B. Bobo. (I don't agree with the jazz comparison, but I still think the quote is funny.)

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted." - John Lennon
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5260 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-08-09 18:26, Unknown419 wrote:
"...you may have played with the big boys but because your head is shaped like a hubcap doesnít mean that youíre a big wheel around here...."


ROFLMAO! I honestly don't care if you're the real deal. Some of your comments are priceless.
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Thank you Vernal, very interesting indeed. And reminds us all to start pressing questions to our own parents and granparents. Their history deserves to be recorded, at least for the family. If anyone has stories I would be very pleased to hear them.

My own grand father did not gamble but he had some great war stories. Unfortunately by the time I got old enough to listen them he was too old to tell them. All I heard how they had no idea the cruelty of Hitler and how they would have never supported them if only they would have known. But, nontheless, priceless information anyway. Start interviewing.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Tonto: You are a prince among men - and perhaps a true believer! Else why would you allow someone you claim a fraud to consume so much of your time? Maybe this is cathartic for you, I don't know. You are obviously intelligent, clear-thinking, and interested in the subject matter. But is is passing strange that you are giving so much time to a subject that can serves no good purpose for you. The information you seek is not available here, according to your repeated assessments. Unless you are sharpening your debating skills, I can't see the point of your continued participation. Methinks the non-believer doth protest too much! But maybe you can clear this confusion up for me....

Best, PSC

P.S. No offense intended here, I am undeclared, and acting as an impartial observer...
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Tonto

Tell your friends to laugh on but ya'll are lucky that I am broke because if I did have a good piece of money and I knew where ya'll was playing at it would be my goal to break you and them and then I'll be the one laughing as I say "Tonto got ya'll all broke for getting me mad."

Tonto regarding the rest of the money, as someone said already, easy come, easy go. I bet you spend a lot of money on lavish living too and treating the ladies.

Doc

Tommy

Hong Kong Wong is doing much better then me. I have a friend that did the same thing in St. Martin but that's not allowed for me to talk about.

Doc

Vernal

I would love to meet your father, he sounds like a legend already. If he's still alive it would be an honor to meet him. The way your father worked is how me and my crew is suppose to work but we don't but I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Please keep telling legendary stories like that, I love to hear stories too.

Sincerely

Doc
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
While living in England a couple of years ago, I had the privelege of chatting with a fantastic monte player in London's "Leicester Square". This guy had a great scam going, using these rubber "coasters" vice cards, and would consistently walk away with a fistful of 10 and 20 pound notes after what seemed like 15 minutes. His technique was most amazing, using methods that completely hid "the toss".

But to talk to him, he seemed like the most unhappy guy on earth. He said that he hated it just like any other job. And this guy was making what we estimated to be well over $1500 a day working the square.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The workers Ľ Ľ Would a real cheat write this? Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL