The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Magic for sale » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig333
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Craig333
OK guys I have been browsing these forums for years I would guess almost from the start when it was still and old phpbb board, in the time of guestbooks this was prob the Internets first ever magic forum and over 18 ish years on its still kept the same style colours and even with the popularity of social media this place still ticks over as a top place for magic chat... it took me 9 years before I registered an account here and have accumulated 6 posts over the past 8 years (7 if you include this one). I do visit as a guest and member mainly often directly from google to read reviews sooooo.....

My question is how many posts do I need before the second hand magic stuff becomes view able as I want to know if I will still be alive with my current post to timeframe ratio?
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
286 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
50 posts.

But I think you know that and are venting your frustration. Smile

A lot of us started out as lurkers as well.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4892 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
After years of browsing, the answer to this question should be obvious especially since it's spelled out in the rules forum. In any case, Mike's response is correct. You need 50 good posts, not just ones that say "nice" or "thanks" etc. At the rate you are currently posting, it should only take you 8 more years to get the 50 posts required. LOL
Where the magic begins
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
624 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Also, there are certain sections (such as this one most likely) that don't add to your total count.

Dave
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4892 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Dave, that's correct. Here's a link to those sections that do not count.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=50
Where the magic begins
Craig333
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Craig333
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Mike Gainor wrote:
50 posts.

But I think you know that and are venting your frustration. Smile

A lot of us started out as lurkers as well.

cheers 50 aint a lot of posts just need to become more active.

Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Dave Scribner wrote:
After years of browsing, the answer to this question should be obvious especially since it's spelled out in the rules forum. In any case, Mike's response is correct. You need 50 good posts, not just ones that say "nice" or "thanks" etc. At the rate you are currently posting, it should only take you 8 more years to get the 50 posts required. LOL

never ever read the rules here or on any forum for that matter, life's far too short for rules they are kinda like trick instructions Smile

Quote:
On Aug 4, 2018, Boomer wrote:
Also, there are certain sections (such as this one most likely) that don't add to your total count.

Dave

oh man that's a killer I guess it will happen when it happens, posting on here feels a like bit like writing notes in my favourite book but I'm sure I will rack up enough posts now I have a goal Smile

thanks for the replies guys Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4892 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Craig, you're not alone. Many of our members haven't read the rules even though when you register, you state you agree to abide by them.
Where the magic begins
Craig333
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Craig333
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2018, Dave Scribner wrote:
Craig, you're not alone. Many of our members haven't read the rules even though when you register, you state you agree to abide by them.

ha yeah, a bit like them T&C you get.... no one ever reads them Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Magic for sale » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL