The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card trick using 17 cards cut in half into 34 half cards. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

micwize
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of micwize
Hi,

I have a card trick that uses 17 cards cut in half ( 34 half cards). You have two assistants and show the first one all the cards one by one and then you show the other assistant all the cards one by one. They each take their card out and both half’s of the card match.

I have just found a set I made for this and cannot remember exactly how it goes or what it is called.

Does anyone know the name of this trick or how it is done please as I have forgotten and I always liked this?

Many thanks,

Mike
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3369 Posts

Profile of Julie
Are the cards "treated" in any special manner?

Maybe it is something akin to Bob Haskell's Half & Half or Split Deck. I THINK Split Deck was Haskell's(sp?) trick.

Julie
micwize
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of micwize
Hi, The cards are just cut in half , not treated in any way
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3099 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
What do you mean by "they each take their card out?"

Could it be the trick where the spectator gets to decide whether you deal two cards or switch the two before putting them down?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1052 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
This sounds like "Half Cut Coincidence" from Paul Daniels Adult Magic, written by Barry Murray. I don't have the book to hand at the moment, but I remember performing it a few times. My memory of it is the same as what you describe. The book is still available on the second hand market. It's a great read and worth buying.

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card trick using 17 cards cut in half into 34 half cards. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL