The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Illuminate by Bond Lee & Wenzi Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1984 Posts

Profile of Titanas
This is such a cool utility device that can enhance your appearances, vanishes or transpositions.

Check this out here:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=62630

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Bunny Quinn
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Bunny Quinn
I love it. Any danger for epileptics, I wonder?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8916 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Murphys website is down.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Imagine producing/vanishing/transforming objects with a flash of light!
Here's a utility device to enhance your magic effects.

Wenzi, the creator of the smallest smoke device, "Nothing", has created a fantastic apparatus again. The bright light is generated by a flash, which is identical to the light source used for photography.

An intense light source, suitable for acts ranging from close up to stage
Extremely small and versatile -- can be used with other devices
Activated by pressing the gimmick or remote
One full charge lasts for hundreds of operations
A great alternative to flash paper

Contents:

Gimmick
USB wire/adaptor
Remote

RELEASE DATE:8/20/2018

$100
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Any clothing restrictions as far as style or color?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I’d be surprised if it did cause epilepsy as it’s not a recurring flash, no more than a phone flash I guess.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4114 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Fism Flash flashback. Pun intended.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8916 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’m sure this will receive glowing reviews.
magicjluc
View Profile
New user
australia
37 Posts

Profile of magicjluc
What is the difference with Cobra Flash??
Smile
Zatanna Queen of Illusion, 2007,2008 & 2009 WA's Magician of the year, 2011 Fringe Festival magic slam winner
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
383 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Obviously very early, however I am pleased with this purchase.

The main unit that provides the flash is about the length of a Morgan dollar
making it easy to F_____P___. (Although the tutorial video teaches some
handling that uses this technique, I would never want my hands to be
that dirty after such a beautiful moment.) Fortunately the unit can be attached
to your person using other means. I'm planning on pinning it to an undershirt or
wearing it on a thin necklace.

The main unit charges very quickly which is a pleasant surprise considering that a
single charge is supposedly good for several hundred flashes. (I haven't and do not plan
on stress testing it.)

The remote to the unit is also very small and designed to ensure that the button
is easily activated. The remote is designed to be clipped on your clothing with a
safety pin (not included).

To give you an idea of how small this is, both the device and the remote can fit
on a business card with room to spare.

It’s not as bright as my old FISM Flash but close enough given its price
and the drastic reduction in size compared to other flash units that I think it's
totally worth it.

I haven't owned Cobra Flash but I understand that it's a more expensive
corded unit versus Illuminate which is wireless. I can imagine the Cobra Flash
being a little bit brighter

The amount of fun I've had with people by just dramatically blowing on the tips
of my finger and thumb and then snapping to produce a flash of light is just
ridiculous. Can't wait to go out this weekend and hit the town with it.
"Challenge Your Reality"
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
At last the successor to my FISM Flash. Not as bulky, and it's wireless. I use it with the switch attached to my inner calf as I did with FISM Flash, and the bulb hanging from a lanyard around my neck and underneath my shirt front.. Just using elastic at the moment. If anyone comes up with alternatives, please let me know.
Gordon Astley
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
692 Posts

Profile of Waters.
This looks very nice. How difficult is activation and timing without having someone operate a remote. In other words, is this a worker?
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
My remote has stopped functioning and I suspect it is battery related. I am trying to change the battery. It's not covered in the video. Anyone have any practical input on this
Gordon Astley
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
The device would benefit from an instruction booklet with an illustration showing the major controls, such as the on-off switch. I could only find it by poking around the device with a magnifying lamp, since it's all black.

There I am pressing the trigger after the charge going, "Why won't it fire?"

Then my brain finally said, "You gotta turn it on."

"Great. Where?"

Five minutes later, I finally found it.

Now to start playing.
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8916 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Why would you expect an instruction booklet in how to turn the device on and how to change batteries? It only cost 100 Bucks. What do you expect ?
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Why would you expect an instruction booklet in how to turn the device on and how to change batteries? It only cost 100 Bucks. What do you expect ?

Sarcasm?

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3520 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
This has proven to a cool item and functions very well. One of my best buys of 2018. Have used this in a few different ways and now finally incorporating it into the project I bought it for. If it is something you can use cannot imagine being disappointed with it.

For now the unit resides in my Christmas tree. When a guest comes over I pretend to throw a light into the tree (via a super bright white d'lite type device). The flash then mysteriously comes from the tree... kids love it Smile
tom1926
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tom1926
For vanishes Is this a more exciting addition than a smoke effect using a watch or the magic Smith device?

Regarding the hanging around the neck beneath the shirt, are you letting it flash through your shirt? Or somehow letting it poke out at an appropriate moment?

It seems like the addition required for all these devices is a gravity switch in the remote. It's very difficult for me to imagine how to activate the switch practically for Street magic, given I need to move a lot and arm and thigh bands slip.

Is there now an instructional video detailing how to Palm and ditch the gimmick when combined with say a coin vanish? The flash can be activated by a button on the gimmick correct?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1343 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2020, tom1926 wrote:
For vanishes Is this a more exciting addition than a smoke effect using a watch or the magic Smith device?

Regarding the hanging around the neck beneath the shirt, are you letting it flash through your shirt? Or somehow letting it poke out at an appropriate moment?

It seems like the addition required for all these devices is a gravity switch in the remote. It's very difficult for me to imagine how to activate the switch practically for Street magic, given I need to move a lot and arm and thigh bands slip.

Is there now an instructional video detailing how to Palm and ditch the gimmick when combined with say a coin vanish? The flash can be activated by a button on the gimmick correct?

The video is 6:41. It's very basic and, as someone else pointed out, does not even cover how to change the battery in the remote. This has been asked on the instruction page (it's a vimeo video) and hasn't been answered there.

The video shows him palming the gimmick while doing a french drop, but it doesn't cover how to get the gimmick into place or how to then ditch it.

Earlier, it shows how to hook it to a reel. But again, not actually using it, just - hey, you can hook this to a reel (it does show hooking it to a reel while sitting on a close-up pad and then he pulls the gimmick a little and lets it go).

The flash can be activated by a button on the gimmick or by the remote control.
tom1926
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tom1926
Cheers Bart. Yes not for me at present, thorough tutorials for pioneer prices are a must.

I've ordered a thumbtip with LED built in. See how that goes. Gonna have a LOT of heat so anxious about visibility and need Tardis pockets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Illuminate by Bond Lee & Wenzi Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.46 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL