The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mini Cube to Chocolate by Henry Harrius (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
Finally got mine yesterday, and wow the quality of the cubes are astounding!

The twistable version, imo, is the definitive version that everyone should try with a spectator. Can't wait to show it around! Already got my box of M&Ms!

Props to Henry and his team for releasing this wonderful project! Can't wait for what's coming next Smile
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Welcome to #theBLACKseries, a collection of my Cardistry work.
Only at: http://www.instagram.com/dylanxtaylor
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
The mini cube that Henry Harrius uses in RD is called the "Maru Cube" don't get a junky party cube from Amazon. I think you can get a Maru shipped from china for about $10

Check out my cube collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSw4ILOXI0
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I haven't played with this enough to know but if you carry the gimmick all day in your pocket, do the M and M's melt or get soft? No jokes about melting in mouth not in your hands....lol...
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Not sure - I haven't kept it in my pocket all day long - I guess you'd have to just test that out. Of course, it depends on the location - if you're outside in TX heat 100+ degrees like I am, chocolate will melt eventually - that said, as long as there are no broken m&ms, you'd be fine - it's when the coating of of one of them is chipped and the chocolate inside melts that you'd have an issue. My hypothesis would be that keeping it in your pocket all day in a climate-controlled or cooler environment would probably be just fine.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Big problem with this is that when they type ‘Rubik´s Cube to chocolate ‘ in to YouTube the official advert is there, twice. I shall pass on this now.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
It's amazing, isn't it, Pegasus?

I really want to get this, but now I think I'll pass also.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, pegasus wrote:
Big problem with this is that when they type ‘Rubik´s Cube to chocolate ‘ in to YouTube the official advert is there, twice. I shall pass on this now.

I don’t really see that as a problem. People know it’s not real magic and it’s a clever trick. I do a cup and ball routine at every gig I do and have done for at least 20 years. I have never had anybody say how it’s done and it gets me booking after booking and yet if you google cup and ball routine into YouTube there are dozens of explanations on there.
I know it’s not ideal having something in your act that is easy to google and the manufacturers could easily change the name on the vid to stop it but for me it’s something we have to live with and it’s no big deal.
Just my feelings on it 😀
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
I usually bring the gimmick, together with a tube of M&m’s. I usually put the chocolate into the gimmick an hour or two before performing.
It only take you 5 seconds to fill it up.

Henry
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Henry/ Anyone...

Is there a Rubik's cube trick or something that you would suggest being brought into play before just transforming a mini cube into chocolate?

Personally, for me it looks too much like BAM!!! and that's it...

Thanks,
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Two of my favourite way to perform:

1. First do some one cube routine, some magical solve (or two cubes with matching and solving). It can be any routines you like. And then end with this mini ctc. Its a mini cube so its like it is something you specially prepared for them. My presentation is this mini cube is a cute gift for them. But the point is even I give it to you, you still cant solve it. So let me change it to something you can enjoy...chocolate!

2. Combining with Digital force bag. I first put the mini cube box between their palm and ask them not to move or peek what it is. It is your prediction. I then ask them to name any number between 1-100. I showed them my random object list (hamburger.... rubberband...apple....) the object they picked is m&m’s. I then try to guess what it is....”its something colorful....something contains of many small pieces” Just when they think I will guess it right, I said: its a rubiks cube. They say no! You then showed that your prediction is wrong ... its a rubiks cube. Finally you ask them what are they thinking of... they said m&m’s. I then smashed it into M&M’s.

It is SUPER strong. I had people asked me several weeks later....what if they pick hamburger!? Will a delicious hamburger appear on their palm?!
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
I am sure some of you may be able to combine this with my Rubik’s Nightmare or Recurring Nightmare routine. I know some of my friends are working on it.
So just like the spirit of Rubik’s Dream, I am pretty sure you all will have your own ideas or presentation to perform this. Smile

Just a few examples. Patrick Kun loves to pull it out from the phone first, and then smashed it into M&M’s as a 2 phases routine. Nicolas Lawrence created some new ways to perform this where it visually changes into chocolate inside the cube box with just a gentle tap. Demian float it in mid air... and it changes into chocolate. So I am looking forward to what you can do with it!
dylanxtay
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
157 Posts

Profile of dylanxtay
For those that have purchased Mini Cube to Chocolate, or any of Henry Harrius' Rubik Dream line of products, do make sure you guys are in the Rubik Dream Facebook group.

For those that are out of the loop, recently there has been updates for the CTC, where there's one where the change is done via a glass, as well as a version where you can show all six sides of the cube before executing the change.

From what I've heard, there will be more updates to be shared in the group, so make sure you guys are in it!

Here's the link for the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1179045708908955/
Dylan Tay
Magician & Cardist

Welcome to #theBLACKseries, a collection of my Cardistry work.
Only at: http://www.instagram.com/dylanxtaylor
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Daston wrote:
Did I read correctly under the CON section of Alex DLF's review ....you can produce "WEED"?

I believe that is what he said!

Whoops, I think this is a wrong translation ^^ I meant « Grass » which, in French, is the same word for « Weed » ! I’m not a native speaker and I got told a bad translation Smile

yes that's as maybe.... but if weed will fit in it then you can (if you choose) use weed.... or even worse .... wee!
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
226 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Just got mine yesterday! I love it!

Does anyone have suggestions to put the stickers on?

I've read on this thread about using tweezers... is this the best way?

Cheers!
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Join the fbook group! Another way is stick the bottom right corner to the top left corner of the sticker sheet and use that to place in the right spot on the cube. Then stick it down and remove the corner from the Sri let sheet. Repeat til cube is snickered.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Henryharrius
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Henryharrius
Thank you Randy...yes, join the fb group and see the tips and additional ideas!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Is this the same FB group as Rubik’s Dream, or has a new one been formed?
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
It's the same FB group as Rubik's Dream

Ed
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Can you add this to any effects if you have RD 360 as well ,
or do you need Rubiks Dream for that ? Smile
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
One of the gimmicks from RD works with CTC to do a mixed to solved cube before you turn the mini cube to chocolate.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mini Cube to Chocolate by Henry Harrius (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL