The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello there (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaxVowinkel
View Profile
New user
Germany
2 Posts

Profile of MaxVowinkel
Hello everybody, my name is Max and I've signed up here quite a while ago but never really used the café other than reading some topics from time to time. I thought it'd be a good idea to become more active and as a good start I'd like to introduce myself. I'm from Germany and I first got in touch with magic 13 years ago but it wasn't until 4-5 years ago that I really started daily practice. I'm kind of obsessed with sleight of hand no matter if it's cards, coins or other daily objects. A lot of move I only practice for myself just to discover years later that I could use something I already learning in a new routine I'm working on. I usually perform for friends and strangers at the bar and on the streets. On rare occasions I perform at weddings. Until now magic has never been a thing for me to make a living out of it. I just enjoy the art of performing and watching other magicians work Smile

I'm currently working on Mnemonica and I hope I can make some good progress in the near future. Reading recommendations are very welcome.
If you want to know something, feel free to ask. Hope we're having a good time Smile
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Welcome to The Magic Café! I'm a close up magician too. What is your day job Max?
MaxVowinkel
View Profile
New user
Germany
2 Posts

Profile of MaxVowinkel
Hey Brady, thanks! I work as a software developer but I usually don't do any mathematical tricks Smile What I love about the whole close up part is that people can connect to the magic in a better way IMO Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3598 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome back JustHands,

I like the connection with Close-Up also.

-Mary Mowder
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4975 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome JustHands!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MaxVowinkel
View Profile
New user
Germany
2 Posts

Profile of MaxVowinkel
Thank you Mary & Wirzard of Oz.

Mary what kind of close up effects do you enjoy the most?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4975 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm so confused. Has JustHands magically changed to MaxVowinkel?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3598 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
While I like card tricks and flourishing myself, I like the response I get from non-card Close-Up.

My version of Gypsy Thread "String of Luck" and Ryu Susato's "Tokyo Penetration" are two of my working favorites.

My current practice favs are Ring and Ribbon and a couple of bill changes . Both are getting a good response in early forays into public performance.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello there (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL