The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Alan
View Profile
New user
Georgia
88 Posts

Profile of Jeff Alan
Hey guys & gals,

Anyone have any experience with this sound system? Any thoughts appreciated.

Comes with cordless mics (lapel & headset), auxillary plug-in for CD players with separate volume control, weighs 5 lbs and is under $400

http://floridamagic.bizhosting.com/floridamagic_pas767.html

Thanks,
Jeff
Aim high and you won't get your shoes wet.
nix225
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of nix225
Jeff,

I've been using it for my trained bird show for about a year, and it's been more than adequate for my needs.

I got tired of dragging a 100w amp, 2 10" cabinets, wireless, and a handheld to school shows and was looking for an easier way. Now our entire sound system fits in a tool box, except for a speaker stand which had to be modified a bit to hold it. (There is no mounting bracket, so I put 2 strips of heavy duty velcro on the bottom of the unit and also on a little wood platform that sits on the speaker stand).

As far as coverage goes, most of our school shows are in the Café-atory-nasium with 300-400 kids and this little thing covers it easily. My wife uses the built-in wireless and we use the handheld for our talkers.

Before we bought ours, I read everything I could find and it's obvious some people are dead set against these small units, but it depends on your needs. Since we don't use music in our show, I can't tell you how well that comes across. However, for human (and parrot) speech, it's been fine.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll give you my experience.

Mark
Jeff Alan
View Profile
New user
Georgia
88 Posts

Profile of Jeff Alan
Thanks Mark. That's just the advice I was looking for.

Jeff
Aim high and you won't get your shoes wet.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes I am too looking for something very light to carry around and not too costly. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL