The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Prop maker & long-time dabbler (Atlanta, GA) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenSterling
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of BenSterling
Hello!

I'm Ben - I work in litigation finance for a consulting firm in Atlanta.

As a long-time lurker (with no presence in the magical "working" community) I feel kind of obligated to share a little about my background and who I am. In typing this message, I got a little carried away on my rough draft and ended up writing a mini-biography with some tangents on magic theory sprinkled in for style.

In a moment of clarity (my wrist started hurting and snapped me out of it), I elected to not inflict that on you.

The short version is:

• I've worked in amateur prop and costume fabrication for 5-6 years as a hobbyist.
  • I've "dabbled" in and seriously studied magic and mentalism for 7 years.
  • Recent prop builds I worked on for an indie film sparked an interest in flexing my design chops on magic gimmicks / props.
  • It felt like a good time to actively step into the community and hopefully find ways to contribute.

I've lurked here off and on for years and many of the discussions have helped in so many ways as I started learning... as I dabbled and experimented in performing at restaurants / clubs and... as I learned to appreciate magic for the diverse, evolving, and wonderful field that it is.

Thank you all for being here, for participating in discussions, and for providing this avenue for rookies like me to constructively and intelligently explore this amazing craft.

Please feel free to reach out as I start getting my feet under me and I will look forward to talking with you all (instead of listening from the other room).
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome to the Café BenSterling. Come on in and have a seat. You'll find me in the back, in the dark corner with the flickering light and cobwebs, (I like bizarre magic).

Trust me, it's far, far more fun being a member than a lurker.

Enjoy!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcom BenSterling,

I liked your introduction. I appreciate how hard it is to decide what to share. You settled on a nice balance between no info. at all and a "wall of green".

Your various interests and skills should serve you well in Magic.,

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Prop maker & long-time dabbler (Atlanta, GA) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL