The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3.5 Utilities - Practical and Deceptive Utility Moves for Mentalism and Magic (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I thought you were a very thorough and clear teacher. The p**k box was my favourite...
I've asked to be banned
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2018, IAIN wrote:
To go down the rabbit hole, unless it's a wholly negative review, how do we really know whether someone has paid or not paid for the item? It's ultimately on trust isn't it...

I've got this, Matt sent me a link and I watched it. I know that if I reviewed it I would give my honest thoughts about it all. I'd see no point in it otherwise.

But because I got one cos me and Matt chat from time to time and used other forums, it's kinda natural to send an email or PM with ideas.

So even though my review would be honest and fair, I kinda can't cos of this idea that I'd you get it for free you can't take a step back and give an honest review...

Weird eh...

I personally think it’s best to wait for reviews on the Café from people who paid for the product. I can’t see why that’s a problem?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Again! If you've read what you quoted, I'm not disagreeing...

I'm saying how do we verify what someone is saying, I could have said "I paid for mine, here's my review"...and no one would be any wiser...

I know we all scan content when reading online, but honestly...
I've asked to be banned
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2018, IAIN wrote:
I thought you were a very thorough and clear teacher. The p**k box was my favourite...

Seems to be the favorite in general so far. It's the right combination of easy, practical, and deceptive.

It's one of those things that just popped into my head more or less fully formed and I was like "Will that work?" and indeed, it does. I was surprised that no one had thought of this yet (well, I guess I can't know that for sure, but as far as I can tell it hasn't published before).
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
I got it and watch it. Nothing more to say than I "Laugh" it.

My favorite is the 123 Peek and I have learned a new tool (R*******S***)

Wolfgang
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
I got this too as a freebie from Matt, somewhat out of the blue (thanks!). I was planning on picking it up for the peek at some point, so he's saved me a few quid.

The peek is something I will use in conjunction with a marketed effect I already do as a modification to that routine and as others have said, it's pretty much worth the price of admission.

I thought the video quality was fine, and the teaching clear.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I was given a sneak peek at this and love the thinking that went into this.

The first thing on the video is the ‘Peek-a-Box’. Darn I love this idea. Everything looks so normal and fair. I was trying to see anything out of the norm as I was watching the video then when Matt did the peek I was floored. It was like getting hit with a left jab. I just didn’t see it coming. Talk about a 100% peek…. This will fly right over people’s heads when you do this. This is a keeper…

‘Test Conditions Envelopes’ is the second routine and it uses an old idea that is disguise beautifully. Once again it looks very fair and it packs flat as this can be placed in your shirt pocket until needed. The information is gain easily and unnoticed by anyone. I also like this very much and heck, why pay top money for a tricked out wallet when with a couple of envelopes you can do the same thing or better. This is highly recommended.

‘123 Peek’ is another old principal that has been updated. This is a nice way to get a full peek of a business card. Once again like the other routines, this is a very fair looking routine. The spectator will swear that their card never left their sight yet you get the information in a cool and James Bond way.

‘H. Dent Envelopes’ made me laugh because I didn’t see it coming. The name ‘H. Dent Envelopes’ is the perfect name for this utility device. You will be able to do a few things with this idea.

You also get a PDF that has different routines that you can do with each utility that is on the video.

I recommended this for Matt’s great ideas. The Peek-a-Box idea alone is worth it.

Ray Noble
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Is there anyone left to buy this? 😆
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Yeah, luckily there are more than 10 people in mentalism/magic market Smile

But as Iain implied - you've probably read tons of reviews that didn't disclose that they were freebies. I'm all for transparency.

I'm also a new creator, so it's par for the course.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

I was only joking mate, it just amused me as I read the thread! I think it’s wise to get things checked before releasing them, especially as it’s your first time. Being around these parts for some time my BS radar is pretty well tuned and in this case I’m very much inclined to take the praise as genuine! To be fair, If I was given a review copy of something and didn’t like it I wouldn’t be afraid of saying so, or I would give my criticism directly to the creator, I’m happy to think most of us are the same, it becomes obvious when someone has a bit of something on the end of their nose around here, I’ve seen it a few times lately. I wish you all the best with it!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Buy it, ginger!
I've asked to be banned
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I thank you sir.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 24, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Buy it, ginger!

Ok, money where your mouth is and all that. I just have. Will let you know what I think!
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
There is only one (1) reviewer that I'd trust on this thread, and he got a free copy. Until I read reviews from punters who have paid for your offering, I will "watch from the sidelines." In the meantime, good luck with it and I hope your inbox is inundated with the message "you've got money".
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
When Matt sent me a link to review 3.5 Utilities and provide honest feedback, I did. Then I asked for his PayPal address so I could pay for it. He politely said that was not necessary. So I just bought it from his website anyway, because I do feel the product is well worth the $22 and I like to support creators who put out quality material.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Just bought this and I cannot wait to dig into it. Already sounds like a winner.

By the way Last Laugh, if that offer of 2 bonus routines about the t-shirt is still on, I would be happy to take a swipe at it Smile

I will share my thoughts once I have studied the video and pdf.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2018, Stunninger wrote:
When Matt sent me a link to review 3.5 Utilities and provide honest feedback, I did. Then I asked for his PayPal address so I could pay for it. He politely said that was not necessary. So I just bought it from his website anyway, because I do feel the product is well worth the $22 and I like to support creators who put out quality material.

Good idea, and I've just done the same. Thanks Stunninger, and Matt.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2018, drawfull wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2018, Stunninger wrote:

Good idea, and I've just done the same. Thanks Stunninger, and Matt.

Wow, okay, thanks guys!

Regarding the bonus effect contest - one person already got it! I'm actually surprised. I don't believe there is enough of the shirt showing to use reverse image search, so it requires either an existing knowledge or some sleuthing.

Offer stands though. Just don't post your answers publicly - PM or email.

Thanks!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2018, ash2arani wrote:

By the way Last Laugh, if that offer of 2 bonus routines about the t-shirt is still on, I would be happy to take a swipe at it Smile

And we have another winner! So far 2 people have won the bonus routine contest. I'll keep it going though. If more than about 30 people figure it out, I may have to close it down, as these bonus effects are meant to stay fairly exclusive.

At least 28 to go though!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Last Laugh, I'm pretty sure it slipped your mind to include me when you were distributing your FREE goodies. Smile Smile

Never mind, I am sure you will remember me for your next release. Smile

Smile for your very FIRST release.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 3.5 Utilities - Practical and Deceptive Utility Moves for Mentalism and Magic (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL