The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Ian McColl Not Making anymore? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Presarian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Presarian
Does anyone know why is Ian not making locks or cuffs anymore? Would love to get his products ):
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Ian has stated that he is retired.

Talk to him directly and he may be interested in helping you or guide you where to go. No promises though.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ian asked me to post his email address on here a while ago - which I think I did? PM me, if you cant, find it. He no longer posts here.

Occasionally stuff comes up for sale here and other private sales.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Apparently I was misinformed and misspoke. Ian has contacted me with the correction....

>> The reason I am not making anymore is that my distributors wrecked my business back in 2011.
>> In the next few years I sold off some items I had and without continuing customer support the funds and enjoyment dried up.
>> I still have some handcuff key stock.
>> For full details, contact me direct at imccoll@dcsi.net.au signed Ian McColl

Sorry for the confusion
Since Ian said he has some remaining stock, allow me to highly recommend his products. They work well, they are high quality, and they last years.
Magic is like Science,
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2018, Cliffg37 wrote:
Apparently I was misinformed and misspoke. Ian has contacted me with the correction....

>> The reason I am not making anymore is that my distributors wrecked my business back in 2011.
>> In the next few years I sold off some items I had and without continuing customer support the funds and enjoyment dried up.
>> I still have some handcuff key stock.
>> For full details, contact me direct at imccoll@dcsi.net.au signed Ian McColl

Sorry for the confusion
Since Ian said he has some remaining stock, allow me to highly recommend his products. They work well, they are high quality, and they last years.

Ah man, I am SOOOOOOO GLADDDDD that you posted that. I had typed up a reply that was a lot less subtle and used language that may have been taken as a slite on "the distributors" name. Ian was treated very badly and I am not surprised "enjoyment dried up," I think I would have been the same way. Smile

The escape community has lost an amazing source for awesome equipment and knowledge.

I am so sad at how he was treated.
Presarian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Presarian
Yeah, without naming the spoken party invovled in wrecking his business, it is really sad that they have mistreated him in such a way. Terrible news indeed.
escapeguy
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of escapeguy
What the hell happened? Ive always thought of Ian as top notch in business and in person
MICHAEL GRIFFIN,
America's Escape Artist

Visit: www.escapeguy.com
Like: www.facebook.com/michaelgriffinescapes
Follow: www.twitter.com/escapeguy
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ian was (in my opinion) too much of a nice guy.
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2018, dave_matkin wrote:

I am so sad at how he was treated.

Me too, a few years ago I retyped Ian's handcuff manipulation book and 3D modelled each of the drawings and sent him the files, it only cost me a few hours of my time but anything to help a great guy.

It would be a great loss if his expertise and know how became lost.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
James, I will always sing the praises of Ian's work. This is just my opinion, I have not talked to Ian about it, but as for preserving the ideas and plans etc. I fear he is not keen on trusting people in business these days. It would be great if he would sell a book of plans to a select few. I would certainly line up to buy, but it may or may not come to pass.
Magic is like Science,
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2018, Cliffg37 wrote:
James, I will always sing the praises of Ian's work. This is just my opinion, I have not talked to Ian about it, but as for preserving the ideas and plans etc. I fear he is not keen on trusting people in business these days. It would be great if he would sell a book of plans to a select few. I would certainly line up to buy, but it may or may not come to pass.

I will send him a mail and ask him, as I can draw most items up in 3D and then send them back to him so he can choose what to do with them. just an idea..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Ian McColl Not Making anymore? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL