The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Corner Splitter Jig (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Veteran user
Aurora, IL
387 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2019, countrymaven wrote:
Magi often want to work 100 times too hard. The spectator wont detect it. You can use it as a key card and
it is easier to get in, to find, and to get out of the deck. But if you want, make it just like another card and make your life way harder.
The video is by Montier by the way.

I get not working harder, but it isn’t that much harder to spell out Magician instead of Magi....
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Actually, I meant Magi. What I am asking for is using some wisdom, if it works with your usage of a gaff card.
In the gospel of Matthew, the term magi (from the original Greek) is used in an elevated sense, implying magicians,... can also be wise.

To me, this is fundamental in my use of magic. Magic is a spur to be creative and prosperous and to enjoy my life more. So this use of "magi" was intentional and not, as you implied, a lazy man's peccadillo.
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Veteran user
Aurora, IL
387 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
I stand corrected......
I felt your posts were a little condescending, by implying that any Magician who doesn’t automatically pursue the easy way is wasting their time. I would encourage any Magician who is exploring this area, to decide for yourself, if a technique is easy or hard or a waste of your time. By not exploring options, you might miss out on learning a new skill or idea that comes from trying out all a available options.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hi Merlin,
Actually I agree with you. It is best to pursue all methods in magic . You never know which one will be most useful.
So I stand corrected and thank you for a great point! I recently experienced this with a new gaff deck I invented. I was trying to avoid it, but
I found that splitting cards, for this application, was necessary. Also whatever works best for you is the best in magic, right? Cheers and have a blessed day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Corner Splitter Jig (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL