The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam Live :: Low-Cost Hard-Hitting Mentalism (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Next week on the 5th and 6th of September I will be presenting a two day live course for the Alakazam Academy, sharing UNRELEASED MATERIAL!

On the first day I will share with you five close-up mentalism routines that will wow the people you perform for yet won’t break the bank:

Sharprediction – After a drawing duplication the mentalist asks the participant to look at the pen she has just drawn with and printed on the barrel is the item she had just drawn. The pen can be kept by the participant.

Copenhagen Cover-Up – Using just two business cards and a pen the participant goes on an imaginary journey with the performer only to find that the performer has predicted the exact locations that were freely chosen.

The Password Generator – Amazingly the participant correctly guesses the password that the performer has written down. An envelope, that has been visible at all times, is opened to reveal the participant’s private password written upon it.

Don’t Be Alarmed – A participant is asked to think of a time in the morning that they think the performer wakes-up. In fact, they are asked to be minute specific. The performer’s phone is unlocked by the participant and the alarm time correctly matches their guess. The performer then looks the participant in the eyes and tells them what time they wake-up in the morning.

Mistress Memory – A person is shown two shapes inside each other and asked to memorise them. A photo is taken of the participant holding the drawing of the shapes for proof later. The performer now apparently uses hypnotic language to make the participant forget the shapes. After a few moments the participant is unable to correctly recall the shapes and has photographic evidence of their memory alteration.

Day two looks at cost effective stage and parlour effects that are great to perform as part of your set, or in the event of an emergency:

The Brook Test – An ungimmicked book is inspected by a participant and a word is selected from the book. The word is selected while the participant is holding the book and can be anywhere on the page, yet the performer is able to correctly guess the word.

Monosemy – A paper ball is thrown around the audience and those that catch it are asked to shout out letters of the alphabet as the performer writes them down. Five are chosen from this selection by the audience and the audience try to find the largest word possible with those letters. The ball of paper that was thrown around the audience is opened to reveal that exact word.

The Shortest Story – A prediction is given to a member of the audience to hold and three audience members join the performer on stage. On a pad of paper there is a well-known film broken down to just three sentences, each sentence has a missing word represented by a blank space. The participants on stage each choose a word for the missing spaces and are encouraged to generate a ludicrous and non-sense outcome. Despite this, the prediction is opened and contains a hand-drawn movie poster matching their choices.

Authentication – They say a strong password requires two random words and a number. Three empty envelopes are inspected by a member of the audience and then displayed on stage. The envelopes have the ‘First Word’, ‘Second Word’ and ‘Number’ written on them. The performer writes something down on a piece of paper and inserts it into each envelope. The audience generates a password based on two random words and a number and when the envelopes are opened the contents perfectly match the password.

Connecting the Dots – An audience member randomly places around thirty dots on a sheet of paper and another audience member numbers them randomly. Another audience member is asked to connect any ten dots in number sequence and to look at this shape and create a drawing based on this shape. Once this is done the participant concentrates towards the performer who perfectly draws the randomly thought of image.

Along the way many tips, tricks and subtleties will be shared that will help you to revolutionise your mentalism performances.

Leave the pipe-dreams at the door and let’s get serious.

Book on to the course TODAY for the discounted price deal:

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Low-C......ook.html

Feel free to ask me any questions about the course Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
Looks great. I'm in.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Wow, looks like a lot of new material. I’m excited for this!

Madison
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, C-suite magic wrote:
Looks great. I'm in.

Look forward to having you in the virtual audience.

If you wanted to be in the physical audience, it could be possible, best to speak with Peter Nardi.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2018, MadisonH wrote:

Madison

Yeah, it's time to share some of the things I've been sitting on for a while Smile

Some of these virtually impromptu routines have saved my reputation when checked bags have failed to arrive.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
These effect descriptions sound too good to be true (in the best way possible)

I have never watched an Alakazam live but keen for this lecture to be my first.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, Paul Brook wrote:
Quote:

Madison

Yeah, it's time to share some of the things I've been sitting on for a while Smile

Some of these virtually impromptu routines have saved my reputation when checked bags have failed to arrive.

Cheers,

Paul

Sounds great. I have purchased my seats and will be watching! Can’t wait.

Madison
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, Fatgumbo wrote:
These effect descriptions sound too good to be true (in the best way possible)

I have never watched an Alakazam live but keen for this lecture to be my first.

I can't say too much as is the nature of selling a secret, however, everything is most certainly real-world workable. Anyone who knows my products and me know that I don't have tome for pipe-dreams, I only like mentalism that works and can pay the bills...oh and be strong enough to keep the work coming in.

As a biased person regarding myself, I hope someone else familiar with my work can step-in and attest to the above Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, Paul Brook wrote:
Quote:

Madison

Cheers,

Paul

Sounds great. I have purchased my seats and will be watching! Can’t wait.

Madison

Good man Madison Smile

Don't forget to send in any questions you have in general about mentalism and to also ask any questions while watching the live stream. It's one of the great benefits of this type of medium and on the last Alakazam Live I did there were so many great questions we had to condense them down into speed rounds where possible Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
This is a no brainer for me. I currently only perform close up walk around mentalism, but have been looking to offer a short parlour or stage performance as an add on.

The effects here all sound really interesting and if they can be done without expensive props, then that's a bonus.

I can't make it live, but look forward to watching it when I can.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Signed up and looking forward to this.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
We are Live now. Why not join us.

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Low-C......ook.html

Regards

Peter
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Paul, any of these effects are going to be in your new book?
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, Psy wrote:
Paul, any of these effects are going to be in your new book?

Yes some of these effects will be in my upcoming book 'Certified Mentalism'.

I was hoping to release the book by the end of this month but it is likely to be October now.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Been asked about some of the previously unreleased material and how it plays in the real world.

Peter has just told me that a clip of one of the new effects 'Sharprediction' has just gone live.

That means you get to see it exactly as it plays in the real world.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AO6ruDCrg&feature=youtu.be

Remember you can still get the lower early-bird price if you jump on board today and you instantly get access to yesterday's class too.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
FYI We have just filmed a live interview with Paul. You can watch it here (scroll past the countdown)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyE2rteMgkA

I hope this helps

Peter
TheManWhoCanReadMinds
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of TheManWhoCanReadMinds
I had purchased Paul's previous Alakazam Academy course but had not found the time to watch it yet. This course on "Low-Cost Hard-Hitting Mentalism" was an absolutely amazing introduction to the work of and an inspiring look into the mind of Paul Brook.

This was the first Alakazam Academy course that I ACTUALLY sat down and watched LIVE.

I am so glad I did! I was able to ask questions -- and get answers -- in real time. Plus, I won something the first day!

As a full-time working mentalist, I found so much gold in this lecture. Aside from the brilliant effects (one of which I was able to IMMEDIATELY add to my strolling repertoire), the tips and insights that Paul gave were priceless. While the discussions may bore the "trick junkies," I thought they were the best parts of the lecture. Paul's answer to one of my questions was, to me, worth many times what I paid for this course.

Was everything for me? No. But, the stuff that WAS for me made the investment of my time and money well worth it.
In kindest thoughts,
James Scott
The Man Who Can Read Minds
www.TheManWhoCanReadMinds.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It was a great lecture with some really cool ideas. Paul is one of those guys that gets a lot of mileage from simple props: markers, pads, envelopes, etc.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I must get this. I’m a big fan of Paul’s work.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Frankly, I'm impressed he mentioned Kate Bush less than a week prior to some very welcome Kate Bush news. Interesting timing, Paul. Please mention Oasis next time you lecture.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alakazam Live :: Low-Cost Hard-Hitting Mentalism (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL