The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTG Ultra Bob Kohler and Alex Geiser (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
OK. I just showed CTG and Dean's Triangle to my son (who is almost 11, so take that into consideration). He said he liked Dean't triangle better because 1.you CAN'T see through it (interesting perspective) and 2. The coins DROP or FALL through...he liked the fall, drop, and clink into the dish.

Next test...the wife!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I couldn’t tell a thing from the Penn and Teller performance. This my be suspicious on my part but I feel like it was shot like an intentionally vague trailer. Maybe its just very hard to film.
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
Performed this for my wife. The first time, things appeared a bit "cozy" (probably my less-than-smooth handling). Second coin was good, but I got the "WOW!! That was good" on the last coin. And I did NOT do it in her hand...not ready for that. I just did it on my hand...still very startling...and safer Smile
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Anyone in the UK got theirs yet, mine has been stuck at Heathrow now for 3 days!!
jm4345
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of jm4345
Still waiting for mine.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I was #50 of the first batch and finally received mine yesterday. (Not that I should have bought this in the first place due to my two son's hockey fees but it just looked to good to pass up.) After viewing the instructional video a few times I am super excited to perform this. Yes, as Alex states, choose your spectator wisely but I don't think this will be a huge issue. I typically have no issues managing a spectator if I have to but you never know. Anyway, I agree with Eric that if you take the time to master this you will have a miracle in your arsenal. I do not think the moves are terribly knacky and will be easily obtainable with some practice. Beginners may find the moves a little more knacky but as always with practice, I believe anyone can do this. All the moves throughout the routine are justified and look in sync, IMO. The instructional video was pretty good, yes, it could have been a little better but not much. Just had to rewind a few times on a couple parts.

Now, I have to find a satchel or something to carry the glass in because I definitely will be carrying this when I do close-up/strolling gigs. The glass is VERY light and I believe, for me, will not be an issue to carry around with the right carrying apparatus.

At this point, am I happy with my purchase, absolutely. (Doesn't mean my wife is though!)

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
One word about this!! AWESOME!!!!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I don’t know if this video is new or I missed it the first time but on Bob’s site Alex does a full close up performance that is clearly filmed from start to finish. Now you can really see what you’re investing in. I wasn’t sure from the P and T clip.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
After practicing I have found one of the moves somewhat knacky. I get it most of the time but that won't cut it at a paid gig. Have to get it 100% of the time. Still practicing......
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
For those who have received this effect, can you tell us if it may be performed on a glass coffee table top (assuming the glass is not too thick), similar to Cesaral Melting Point? Or is there something about the portable plexiglass that is necessary for performance of this particular coins through glass?
jnork
View Profile
Regular user
Jason Christopher
176 Posts

Profile of jnork
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2018, Merenkov wrote:
if it may be performed on a glass coffee table top (assuming the glass is not too thick)?

I don’t know the effect which you question above (melting point) however I do own CTG and provided the glass is not too thick you’re OK to do it.
It was one of my thoughts as well and it won’t work with my table.

Jason
Yours in Magic!
Jason
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Anybody knows how to contact Bob Kohler?
I want to order a CTG set but his site (bobkholermagic) it says he admits preorders and when I press “buy” I get an error message
I don’t want to miss next batch
Step into the unknown
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
62 Posts

Profile of ostadler
Just go to his website http://www.bobkohlermagic.com/ , scroll to the very end of the website and right next to the "verified by GoDaddy" badge you have the "Contact me" link.

Best regards,
Oliver
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Thanks Oliver
Step into the unknown
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Finally have a new batch in stock. Sorry for those who've been waiting but building CTG Ultra takes high end skill and time. Get it now before we're waiting again!
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I was not impressed at all with the Penn and Teller appearance, don't know what you guys see was so great about Alex Geiser, very poor handling and presentation of this effect. I could tell right away, that there was Knack-y type moves from Alex's face.

This will be in the bottom of everyone's drawer before they are sold out.

I would love to actually see a decent presentation of this effect with some patter, showmanship, and skill in handling the coins.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree there are two knacky moves and also agree that Alex's performance is not very impressive. But I disagree about the effect as a whole, I really love the effect and I am still practicing but can't wait to perform this in a live situation.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Actually, I didn't mean to be rude because it's not that I thought the performance was bad. Just the one knacky handling is hard to make look perfect. Though, I will get it, someday.....
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2019, RNK wrote:
Actually, I didn't mean to be rude because it's not that I thought the performance was bad. Just the one knacky handling is hard to make look perfect. Though, I will get it, someday.....

Are you seriously happy paying that amount and you still haven’t been able to use it yet? Unbelievable.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Pegasus is a hard a** but I agree with him in this one. I don’t think a lot of people are going to get even personal use out of this (unlike say Deans triangle] much less professional use. I don’t have it so just my guesses. If you’re happy with the purchase, it’s all that matters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CTG Ultra Bob Kohler and Alex Geiser (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL