The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Favorite Christian Illusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
851 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Who is your favorite Christian illusionist and why?
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
1. Steve Varro. One of the finest Christian men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and a consummate professional.

2. Duane Laflin. Very sincere Christian man and some of the best kids and silk magic you will ever see.

3. Tricky Ricky Henson. A man whose heart beats for God.

4. Andre` Kole. Very yielded and obedient to the Holy
Spirit. Prensents illusion the way it should be presented

All of these descriptions of these fine men can be interchanged with one another.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Living Illusions Smile because they are like famous or something!!!

Ron London - The first Christian performer, lecturer and escape artist I ever met, watched, listened too.

Bill Baker - A man of Holy passion and fire

Toby Travis - For presenting the truth.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
That is really a very difficult question to answer, because I hold so many Christian illusionists in awe and the greatest respect.

Just this past week, I meet an older evangelist who does wonderful things with illusions in his sermons, and get little, if any, recognition from the magic community. He was one of the first 100 members in the FCM!. And he is still out there, traveling and shining the light of the truth in dark places around the country.

I also have deep respect and love for Rex Short, a New Zealand evangelist who recently crossed the US and is currently working/evangelizing around the world. He preaches/teaches and reaches young people everyywhere he goes, with God's Word and a bit of Magic.

These are the Christian Illusionists, that I most respect. They are the ones who are out there working daily, and their rewards will certainly come from God, as they neither seek nor receive the praise of men.

Don't get me wrong, I also love Toby Travis, the Flomms, Living Illusions, Duane Laflin, Steve Taylor as well as the ones already named, and many, many more. And I love those who only use magic a couple of times a month to make a point in Children's church!

But working evangelists who have/are dedicating their lives to actively spreading God's word with magical illusions, hold a special place in my heart.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
You do have a good and valid point, a topic similar to this pops up in other sections of the Café and I assume they are asking for "big" names and often I forget the "workers" including Pastor Jeff who got me started in Ministry magic many years ago.

Living Illusions branches both areas so I still stand by that. Smile

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I haven't seen most of the acts that has been mentioned. They just don't seem to come around up here in Wisconsin.
I can say that Andre Kole definitely had a show that moves the heart.
Daniel Faith
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Yeah, I think all the cheese scares them off. I know Toby Travis makes it once of twice per year though, usually up north more. I'll drop you a line the next time I hear anything.

X

PS I have Joe's email address now, I'm thinking of stopping at the shop on Sat.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Tricky Ricky
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I've been wanting to see Lou Leventhal live for about 10 years now. I've had relatives who saw him at Bible College (in the Canadian Prairies), but I missed him when I was attending Bible College.

I'd also like to see Living Illusions (go Kevin!) and Toby Travis live.

I have enjoyed live performances by Duane and Mary Laflin, Andre Kole, and Felix Snipes. I choose these performers because of the EXCELLENT calibre of their performance, combined with their ability to deliver a heart-felt message.

Do The Hamner's count? I've never seen them do anything overtly gospel, althought I've heard they have a gospel show. I saw The Hamners at the Magic Castle back in 1999.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
My favorite was an unsung hero of gospel magic. Reverend Ken Miller who worked on First Nations reserves in Canada and the USA. He is also the first Christian magician I saw, and the man who got me started as well as teaching me vent.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Miracle Man Show
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of Miracle Man Show
I like x-treem's list, I would only add to it one of my heros, Felix Snipes. In fact when I met x-treem, I didn't get to see him perform at the escape artists convention because Felix was in town that night and I had to see his show. Kevin and Kristen are the best (not just because they belong to my FCM chapter). Ron London sold me some of my first magic tricks when I was sixteen out of his shop in Lafayette, Indiana.
Tom McCormick
"The Miracle Man Show"
There's only one Miracle Man, that's Jesus Christ; I just get to do a show about HIM.
www.themiraclemanshow.com
bkentner
View Profile
New user
Davenport, Nebraska
61 Posts

Profile of bkentner
Tough question.

I would have to place Daune Laflin first on my list. He is an absolute professional.

Then it gets tougher to place them in any order. But my other choices would be:
Ron London
Andre Kole
Toby Travis
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Steve Taylor is my favorite because he also does an excellent Ventriloquist act where he picks a volunteer from the audience and puts a fake mouth on them that he controls and then does a very funny routine using the volunteer as a ventriloquil figure. He does this in a very non embarrasing manner and it gets a great audience reaction. I was laughing to myself days after the performance.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Duane Laflin and Steve Taylor are my two favorites.
Mister Mystery
MasterofMystery
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of MasterofMystery
Andre Kole, and Adrian Van Vactor are my two favorite illusionist. But I would add this food for thought. Anyone who is using the art of illusion and magic to present the gospel have my thumbs up!

The Master of Mystery
Brett
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
In my book Daune Laflin is second only to Dan Bough.

For those that don't know Dan. I was in the Philippines with him around five years ago. Dan can only do three tricks and has a slight speech problem. But on that trip I found my place in ministry. I saw what the art can do to draw a crowd and keep their attention.

So I'm with Master of Mystery my hats off to all who use this great tool to reach the lost.

ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
I just returned from a trip where I had the pleasure of catching two stage performances by the Living Illusions. They played to an overflow crowd. Their performances were top notch and very professional; even in the presence of some technical difficulties. I then watched Kevin doing card magic for hours while trying to talk over very loud bands in the background. (Just having a voice left after all that is magical!) These two are truly professional, dedicated to the art, extremely hard working and wondeful servants of the Lord. I'm hoping to have our youth group host one of their shows. On top of their fantastic magic and ministry, a group can earn some serious money by sponsoring a show! I'm not associated with them but I did pick up some info on sponsoring them. If you are interested IM me or catch Kevin.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Pastor Clyde...
Thanks for the kind words. Also, thank you for the gift, we both appreciate it. Next year, make sure we know you are there so we can spend more time talking shop, hanging out, etc. We are home for just a few days, then back out for three weeks.

Thanks again to all that put Living Illusions on their lists. It's very humbling and we appreciate all your support. We hope to be able to meet more people from the Café over the next few months.

God Bless!!!
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
TaylorTheGreat
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of TaylorTheGreat
Hy guys,
I'm 15 now and have been into magic for three years and I want you all to know that Lou Leventhal was the reason I got into both Magic and christianity.
P.S. Donald, his show ROCKS!

Thanks for listening.
-Taylor M
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
My favorite is Adrian Van Vactor all the way. Great person/performer.

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Favorite Christian Illusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL