The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Favorite Christian Illusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
250 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Michael,

I will have to agree. Not only is Adrian a friend but he is an incredible entertainer. Also another friend of his and mine BJ Harris. Both very clean, polished and professional!

Robert Jones
MRJPRO
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
thesecretllama
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Oh
41 Posts

Profile of thesecretllama
Mike Morris is a fantastic performer and quite skilled in the art. He too is the reason I got into magic!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Favorites are not the same as best. So that takes some of the heat off. Favorites are usually friends I know on and off stage. Andre Kole (Arizona) is certainly one of the most enduring. Duane and Mary Laflin (Montana) are two more. Others many of you may never meet but they are out there doing their jobs without fame and fortune. Those include Russell Turner (Oklahoma), RC Roots (Texas), BJ Harris (Tennessee) and Paul de le Mason (Missouri). I'm sure there must be at least a hundred more not listed. With over forty years in this occupation, I've met a lot of good ones.

Perhaps that is why for years on the reverse of my business card it says:

Do not forget to entertain strangers,
for by so doing some people
have entertained angels
without knowing it.

Hebrews 13:2

Bob
The Amazed Wiz
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
DerekTemple
View Profile
New user
Warsaw, Indiana
3 Posts

Profile of DerekTemple
Because of his humor, classy style and just because I am drawn to his personality and magic: P.J. Weber.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
During the late night sessions at my first International FCM, P.J. Weber moderated them each night, and did a great job of involving everyone and I learned a lot more than just magic in spending time with him there.

He is a professional, and as noted has a great sense of humor. He also gives God the Glory.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We had the pleasure of meeting P.J. during one of the late night sessions as well. A great guy who likes to see the best in everyone and whats to see them do thier best.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
This list is interesting. It is more concentrated than I would have ever expected it to be. Normally Christian magicians can't travel very widely because of financial constraints. Most I've ever known traveled on their own dime and had another job.

How acceptable would it be for a Christian Magician to become "well heeled" for doing magic for the church versus doing magic commercially? Becoming a very well paid preacher has apparently become socially acceptable. It was certainly not true for my grandfather. He was a Methodist preacher.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Clearly Andre Kole and Duane Laflin are at the top of the list along with Living Illusions and the one and only Lou Leventhal himself!

-Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
peteyboston
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of peteyboston
Has anyone attended the Laflin Conferences or is anyone attending the one in Branson,Mo running from May 12 to 15.
I would be interested in hearing from those who have attended one in the past. What did you think?
peteyboston
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
I like Duan Laflin, Pastor Mike Whisner, Ned and Joan Way. I like how they use their show, entertain and then preach the Gospel.
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
*Allow me to add Dennis Zech to my list after Lou Leventhal. Dennis has a very unique and more comprehensive Bible teaching bent to his show that is very different than any other Gospel magic I have seen.
Pete: I went to the Branson convention last year. It was very enjoyable and they presented some good advice on the staging and creation of practical magic shows. After my years as a theatrical producer, some of it was a tad remedial for my experience level, but I whole heartedly support thier intentions with raising the level of magic show quality across the board via the conference. It was a great value; hotel was inexpensive, the big stage shows we saw were enjoyable and Branson was a happy, happy place for us! I am not going this year only because of some scheduling conflicts.

-Ed
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
I just recently went to see Andre Kole. His show was excellent and he gave the Gospel message in a crystal clear manner. Compared to the rest of the show his message was completely in a different style and tone. It was like the show stopped, the message was given, and then the show started back up and was concluded. The flow just seemed a little strange.

By the way, my girl swears he flashed (the secert) disappearing the statue of liberty; I didn't catch it but I think she is right

I must also add that after watching Kole, I was so inspired by his performance that I broke out the old "Victory Carton Illusions" book. Hopefully the kids and I are going to put some together in the next couple of weeks.

In fact, I just recalled that the next day when the kids were talking about the show I told them, "You guys are ruined now because no magician is ever going to be able to impress you after seeing that extravagansa" They will expect everybody elses show to be that good!

My previous text was a little critical, I was in that kind of mood the other day.
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
I just wanted to add my fav..

Ever heard of Brock Gill?

here is his web site
http://www.brockgill.com/
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Saw Brock on New Year Eve night 2003. What a great ministry.
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Quote:
On 2005-05-13 19:18, Darkwing wrote:
Saw Brock on New Year Eve night 2003. What a great ministry.

that's funny I saw him this new years this 2004
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1952 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Duane Laflin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Favorite Christian Illusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL