The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scott Alexander Puck mib unplugged (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cardistry master
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
I think that is the issue with any confabulation. I’m sure some people have a motivation but that is up to you to figure out
Christian de Punto
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
112 Posts

Profile of Christian de Punto
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2019, Nikki78 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
[...]who asked for a review? 01/10 ... very bad in my eyes, sorry.
to clarify: I do not own the trick and only give my opinion after seeing the full-performace-video once!

Wow... seriously? You‘re giving such a profound review after watching a video without owning the effect...
Two thumbs up (irony mode off)

if it is so bad and unlogic performed, yes!
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2019, Christian de Punto wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it funny that he writes all the time on a board that nobody sees from the other side?
that he always moves (when the music plays) the right hand, that his notes do not make any sense in the end (do nothing for the routine), that when he is on the way back to the stage the paper bag and the blackboard are unnaturally hidden, that it makes no sense to smash the bottle rather than just remove the cork ...
who asked for a review? 01/10 ... very bad in my eyes, sorry.
to clarify: I do not own the trick and only give my opinion after seeing the full-performace-video once!

I believe you may be overthinking this. This gets quite a good reaction. The audience gets a good laugh at the joke tbhen are truly amazed by the reveal. I planning on getting the origional MIB Myself but some Heart issues put a halt on spending for a while. Now that I'm performing again I'm going to get it as soon as the finances are feeed up. Scott and Puck you guys have some great products!
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
45 Posts

Profile of judagar
I've got the MIB unplugged on the way. I'm basically a sucker for anything Puck and Alexander put out!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Christian, you are not alone. If I was in the audience, I'd be highly suspicious at several moments, and especially at placing the bottle into a bag and smashing it. Why? It's a corked bottle. Why would you not simply openly remove the prediction? Of course, I know the real reason why, but if I were a spectator I would certainly question it! I thought, "Surely the bag will be torn open at the end in order to demonstrate that there's nothing else in it except the smashed pieces", but, no, that didn't happen. I don'y think it's very strong. My opinion.

This can be achieved with a simple sealed envelope, and costs no more than the price of the envelope and paper.
It's all in the reflexes.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
The bottle is taped and sealed shut folks...and turning your back is not necessary.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
264 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
I have used both the original MIB as well as the Unplugged version in all my shows the past several years. It always gets a strong reaction from a lay audience and I’m consistently asked how I did it. The revelation is so large that it cancels out any reasonable explanation. If you look at all your magic as a magician in the know you are doing your self a disservice. The joke about the Asian writing gets laughs and allows you to avoid double writing. As for the bottle in the bag it’s never been raised as a method of how it works from any non magician I’ve encountered trying to figure it out. I believe your concerns are overblown and are a non issue in the hands of a confident, seasoned performer. The props become secondary if you’ve hooked your audience with your personality, charisma, and humor. The price point is not cheap and marketed to those making a living doing magic. Those that perform MIB know it’s value and the strength it has on audiences worldwide.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scott Alexander Puck mib unplugged (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL