The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Color Aces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Color Aces

A top packet trick

This is a fantastic packet trick consisting of 10 cards that has a very strong impact, and many people consider it among their all time favourite packet tricks. A packet of Aces is shown, and first the Aces start turning magically face-down, and then face-up, and then for an extra surprise, they turn into Jokers.

But the real kicker is the ending, which can really fry spectators - it turns out that all the Aces have different colour backs!

Here's a performance video of the effect by Kris Nevling (see performances by other magicians here and here):

Along with the trick you get a link to a page which has a 12 minute tutorial video that teaches you how to do it. I've seen this trick marketed under several other names, including Queens Out of Control (taught by Gerry Griffin) and Carnival Color Cards (taught by Rudy Hunter) but it has a long history going back even further. John Bannon's Royal Scam (which came later) also has some similarities. This version from Magic Makers is called Color Aces, and the teaching in the online learning materials is by magician Kris Nevling.

The effect really is a mind-blowing surprise. In terms of difficulty, you will need to have your EC down pat, aside from that this routine is quite easy to learn. Another nice thing about it is that the cards are fully examinable afterwards. The cards are quality Bicycle type cards. A fun packet trick I'm happy to recommend!

DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
This is essentially a remake of Sympathetic Cards by Magic Ronnay which was produced by Emerson & West. There is slightly modified handling in this one, but I don't think it adds anything to the surprise created by the standard routine. In any event, it is a great packet trick and the use of Bicycle cards really elevates this version.
sremick
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of sremick
Hello. I figured I'd bump this since I had a question. I picked this up recently and have been practicing it. A number of slick moves beyond the E-count which I had already gotten good at. My trouble is with how slick the cards are. I'm having trouble peeling a card off a stack on the table without flashing the others. Should I just use a roughing stick on them or could that cause problems elsewhere in the trick?
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Bannon's "Royal Scam" is so much better than the mess being reviewed in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZptrOy4xs

DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I would not treat them with anything. Keep practicing with them. The cards may absorb some of your oil and you may decrease their new card flatness with use. This should help decrease the tendency to slide.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Color Aces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL