The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Healed and Sealed Soda Can (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Murphy's is a wholesaler, so unless you're a dealer you shouldn't contact with them. If, however, you are a dealer, go to
http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com.
If not, ask your local dealer to contact them. I don't think they have it listed yet, though.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
You can also go directly to the creators site and buy from him.
http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-52256/healedandsealed.html
Hope this helps.
Brian
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Question for Anders - did you give permission to Steve Fearson to distribute this effect? He's giving it away free with any purchase at www.downloadmagic.com - just curious.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Do a search over at the Genii Forum for RePop. You'll find the whole thing has been extensively discussed over there. In short, no, no permission was given.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I notice that if the can is prepared well in advance of the performance of the effect itself, that it is not as strong, if you know what I mean. Any comments on that?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Quote:
On 2002-07-19 16:32, Law wrote:
did you give permission to Steve Fearson to distribute this effect? He's giving it away free - just curious.

"Healed and Sealed" is NOT Fearson's "RePop." Fearson's illusion can actually be done as close up. It's impromptu (if a spectator and a can of pop are in the same room, you can perform the routine.) and it takes less time to set up than Wenk's "Misled".

It's an amusingly deceptive trick, like most of Fearson's stuff. The main requirement for "RePop" is a healthy sense of humor.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
First off, it's not Fearson's effect -- it's not even really Steve Pellegrino's effect, but he's the guy that wrote the manuscript. I suggest anyone who wants to comment on this topic read the Genii thread first. There's really nothing new in the RePop manuscript and it is, plain and simple, a ripoff.

It should also be noted that Anders Moden's effect can be done close-up as well, although it will take some more preparation. RePop does not have the visual uncrushing sequence that is so essential to Anders's effect. And, if you want to do the same effect as in RePop, you can set up impromptu as well, as long as you have the proper item available. To set up for the full Healed and Sealed effect just requires a short trip to the bathroom if you want to do it impromptu.

-Jim
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Not to get into a battle of semantics here, but I'm referring to the trick offered on Fearson's site, not implying his (or anyone elses) ownership of the original illusion.

However, what seems to be the major item of dispute at Genii is a common gimmick which is hardly a new concept for any kid who's seen a half dozen Road Runner cartoons. It's obvious that the "Healed" part of the
"Healed and Resealed" trick is the part of that illusion that will wow the spectator, and RePop makes no claims to that territory.

Maybe I'm looking at RePop completely wrong, but it appears to intentionally have all the mystery of a bar bet or a "Balls Over the Head." I actually like RePop because I see a campy charm to it. But hey, it's not going to elicit the jaw dropping response that
"Healed and Resealed" would. One routine goes for shock, the other for schlock.

It appears the most heated arguments at Genii are related to the marketing of RePop. Personally, advertising an illusion as, "as seen on TV" is a strong reason NOT to buy something, as I make it a point to not see bar bands who play music "as performed on the radio." "Free with any purchase" is a much stronger selling point.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
726 Posts

Profile of Winks
To prepare well in advance, go to the grocery store and take a look at some of the round stickers that they put on the large items to indicate that they have been paid for - usually a colored round sticker. Then go to the stationary store and get some and use them where needed. Those who have the trick should understand. Smile
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
For Anders... I know, I haven't posted here at all and I've been here awhile, but I'll try to fix that. Smile Anders--you can get the
"Three Secrets" Book here:
http://www.themagicwarehouse.com/hotitems.html. Healed and Sealed is BY FAR the BEST Soda can refill. Thanks a lot.
Ian H. Smile
StreetMagicMagician
View Profile
New user
California
10 Posts

Profile of StreetMagicMagician
Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell anyone that hasn't gotten the Healed and Resealed trick yet that it is totally awesome. The best street magic trick I have. I would like to discuss magic with other people. I also like stage magic. If anyone has an instant messenger program, I'd like to chat. My screen name on AOL Instant Messanger is IMDAPOOFU, my Yahoo! Messenger screen name is mtvstherealworld , my MSN messenger name is c1211109 , and my ICQ number is 156484293. So please send me an instant message if you see me online. If I'm not online, please email me at c1211109@hotmail.com I'd love to talk magic and trade and tricks you know. Thanks
DJA
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
8 Posts

Profile of DJA
I bought this directly from Anders, I also have the other two versions. The pamphlet, because I didn't know the history and let a guy at a magic shop talk me into it and Fearson's because it came free with another purchase. I can tell you Anders' is the only one worth buying and it is fantastic. Very strong effect and it DOES work close up! I have done this several times in my own kitchen (San Francisco - small studios, tiny kitchens so it's very closeup). I set one up and put it in my recycle bin. When my guest arrives I offer them a soda (or grab one for myself if they say no) by digging through the bin. The response I get is total wide eyed amazement as the can heals, the audible gasps come when I pass my hand over the top and it is suddenly re-sealed. Then I pop the can open and borrow Anders' line... "Well, how do you recycle?" This is a great trick, go buy it!!!
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
I also have Anders Modens' Healed and Sealed trick manuscript. I just wanted to say that I perform it in my routine all the time and it has the greatest effect on people. I've had people examine the can all the way around and they can't find anything. They can even taste the soda itself. Great effect in my opinion. Smile
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
I just bought the trick and I have to say that first of all, the manuscript is very, very good quality. I didn't perform the trick yet, but I had to give it a try by myself and it's amazing and it works.

I have some ideas how to perform the trick and I am sure this will be a KILLER. Can't wait to see the people can't close the mouth again.

My opinion: A MUST BUY, absolutely. Smile
VMC_Alex
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of VMC_Alex
Sorry, but what's a manuscript?
Jolan Vanderdark
View Profile
New user
The Brownsville City Morgue
54 Posts

Profile of Jolan Vanderdark
Everything I've heard about this trick is very good. I will be getting it around the first of next month, and I'll review it then.
Yes....Eventually you will come to me.

And Ohhh...What Sights I Have To Show You!!
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
It kicks butt. I freaked so many people out with it. Some people assume the method, but get proven wrong when I 'seal' the top. Way cool~
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of towledge
Very cool effect and idea (no pun intended). .
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I just got this, and it totally blew me away! Get it straight from Anders Moden, he deserves it!
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-52256/healedandsealed.html
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
So... is the ellusionist version a ripoff? Has anyone seen it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Healed and Sealed Soda Can (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL