The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The voyager by Joel Dickinson (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1200 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
The updated stage performance will be going live tomorrow. Itís on the same page as your instruction card.
Do you still have the details to the video page? If not, let me know and I can send you the details. That wonít be a problem.

Best wishes,

Joel

Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
I have full stage performance routine coming soon to video, this is only available to people who have purchased The Voyager.

Regarding a US version, the US gimmick will become available soon.
Iíll post here to let you know once itís ready.

Best wishes,

Joel

I purchased this from you at Blackpool how will we find out about any updates
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of rowland
[quote]On Jun 13, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
The updated stage performance will be going live tomorrow. Itís on the same page as your instruction card.
Do you still have the details to the video page? If not, let me know and I can send you the details. That wonít be a problem.

Best wishes,

Joel

Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:

I have full stage performance routine coming soon to video, this is only available to people who have purchased The Voyager.

Regarding a US version, the US gimmick will become available soon.
Iíll post here to let you know once itís ready.

Best wishes,

Joel

I purchased this from you at Blackpool how will we find out about any updates
[/

Has this update gone live yet. Canít find it on the original instructions
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
820 Posts

Profile of StarManager
OK - I'm taking the plunge. So look forward to this! Will report back but the gang here is trusted by me and I'm sure my review will be the same as what is already here.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Bjorn
View Profile
New user
DK
10 Posts

Profile of Bjorn
Review
Just received The Voyager today. I must admit I'm disappointed. Not because it's a bad effect...I should know, since I have performed it a couple of times, and it's a GREAT effect. How can I have performed The Voyager when I just received it today you might ask. I didn't... I have performed Time Machine from Wonder Words. So don't be mislead by some of the other comments in this thread.

IT IS THE SAME EFFECT

So the question is do we have a new handling, method, presentation? no comments in this thread answers that...

In The Voyager Joel offers two handlings/methods. The first handling is 100% Kenton Knepper and Docc Hilfords Time Machine. Kenton Kneppers variation is explained in Wonder Words and on his DVD Time Machine and Touches. Docc Hillfords handling is available on his Alakazam release DVD the Vault. To my knowledge all these products are still available.

The second handling is something different form the original, but this is NOT the handling shown in the video ad. Joels explanation left me with the impression that he never have used this handling him self. BUT I might be mistaken (hopefully). In this version you end more clean, but you limit the freedom of choice. Personally I don't like this version, to others it might be worth the whole investment.

You get most of the necessary gimmicks for both versions. The gimmicks will fly in performance, but I will NOT say "precision made" or "high quality". One of the supplied gimmicks will last you a lifetime...bur my bet is You will get another one or go without gimmicks.

My recommendations save your money if you want to perform this go with the originals. I think Kentons handling is best for stage and Doccs is the best close up (He also explains how to do the effect without gimmicks, so you don't need to dust off Bobo's)

Best regards Bjorn

ps. Hope my review will help in making the right buying decision for you. I will give my version of Joel Dickinson's the voyager away for free. and hope It will make somebody happy...in that way my money won't be a total waste Smile
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
820 Posts

Profile of StarManager
My package arrived today and will review on the weekend. Now I'm scared . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1209 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
My Voyager I ordered last year never arrived. I PMíed Joel a polite and even apologetic message, he read my PM... and didnít respond. I then contacted him through the ta daa website where iíd ordered it, and... crickets. I didnít even ask for a replacement, since it was likely lost in the mail, I just asked if a small discount would be possible if I reordered it. So, I guess the multiverse is saying ďnoĒ to Voyager coins for me. Smile

Seth
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1200 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks Bjorn for your instantly negative review. I can see youíre going to be an engaging member of the green Cafť.
The Voyager is a routine I regularly head out and perform in my shows and close up. Sorry youíre missing the strengths of it, I hope you can actually head out and perform it as it gets great reactions. I have live performances that will be added that prove this.

Iíll happily take your version off your hands if itís still an offer.

The Voyager routine performs differently to Kenton Knepper routine, the majority of methods for this plot require that specific thing.
However with The Voyager that magic moment happens in their hands and theyíre as equally amazed.

Seth, Iím sorry I missed your message. Many apologies as thatís not good enough on my behalf. I have sent you a PM requesting your address and Iíll include some additional routines and effects.

Best wishes,

Joel
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1209 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Well, Joel contacted me via PM, and I gotta say he really took care of it. He stepped up and took full responsibility, and we apologized to one another, and now Iím excited to await arrival of Voyager.

Thank you, Joel! Accidents may happen, but you are a class act.

Seth
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of dyoung
So what is the difference between this and Kenton's routine then?

All the best,
Dan
Bjorn
View Profile
New user
DK
10 Posts

Profile of Bjorn
Just to clear up some misunderstandings:

1. I LOVE the effect and it plays STRONG...I have been doing Time Machine where the coin change in the participants hands for around 7 years. Before that I did copper, silver rutines with and without gimmicks, where the final change happened in the hands of the participant (I think I got it from David Roth) and in the beginning I did spong balls...still do from time to time. So I feel I know how the Voyager plays Smile

2. I will give my version of The Voyager away for FREE as long as that person will get one of the ressources I mention in my review. JOEL thanks for the offer, but I think sending it to you kind of misses the point...sorry.

3. if anybody can show me wrong, misleading or unfair in my review I WILL change it.

JOEL I feel a bit like I cheated you out a FREE Voyager sorry. So I have another gift for you. I will give you my copy of Kenton Kneppers DVD Time Machine and touches. just PM me an address. then you have the tools to do the research (I think you should have done that a year ago, when the issue was first raised) and then you can make me change that review.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1200 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hello BJORN (no idea why you emphasise my name with capitals) , Iím not bowing down to sarcasm. Youíre entitled to your opinion.

You clearly havenít performed The Voyager and you donít intend to which is absolutely fine.

Best wishes,

JOEL
Bjorn
View Profile
New user
DK
10 Posts

Profile of Bjorn
Hi Joel.

I wrote your name I capital because the offer was meant for you and only you. Sorry if that in any way offended you, it wasn't the intention.

I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously I will give you Kenton's DVD if you want it. So do you want it?

If you prefer we can make an arrangement with a dealer, who works with Murphys Magic I'll pay the price of the dvd and the shipping, and the dealer will send the dvd to you.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=42765

If you follow the above link you can se its still in stock and available. its $35, so I'm not giving away the farm here.

btw Murphys also has an uncut performance video of Kenton doing the time machine.

Best regards
Bjorn

PS. I'm also serious about changing the review, but I can't find a way to change my previous posts. So I will have to do the next best thing...apologize in public and write where I made a mistake. You don't have to correct me in open forum you are welcome to PM me.
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
225 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Took the plunge. Looks very good. I to is not from the UK. But. Euros.. Ireland. But cannot wait to get this. Hopefully the weekend it will be here
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2172 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2019, Bjorn wrote:
Just to clear up some misunderstandings:

1. I LOVE the effect and it plays STRONG...I have been doing Time Machine where the coin change in the participants hands for around 7 years. Before that I did copper, silver rutines with and without gimmicks, where the final change happened in the hands of the participant (I think I got it from David Roth) and in the beginning I did spong balls...still do from time to time. So I feel I know how the Voyager plays Smile

2. I will give my version of The Voyager away for FREE as long as that person will get one of the ressources I mention in my review. JOEL thanks for the offer, but I think sending it to you kind of misses the point...sorry.

3. if anybody can show me wrong, misleading or unfair in my review I WILL change it.

JOEL I feel a bit like I cheated you out a FREE Voyager sorry. So I have another gift for you. I will give you my copy of Kenton Kneppers DVD Time Machine and touches. just PM me an address. then you have the tools to do the research (I think you should have done that a year ago, when the issue was first raised) and then you can make me change that review.

I will take yours PM me
Pay it forward
Bjorn
View Profile
New user
DK
10 Posts

Profile of Bjorn
Magicmind it's yours and on the way. 10 days plus time in Customs.

Have fun.

Bjorn
rkp
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of rkp
Bjorn, do you have to find and purchase gimmicks for Kenton's effect?
Bjorn
View Profile
New user
DK
10 Posts

Profile of Bjorn
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2019, rkp wrote:
Bjorn, do you have to find and purchase gimmicks for Kenton's effect?

Yes you have to find one yourself if you don't already have one. It is not supplied with any of the releases I'm mentioning. The gimmick come in different currencies and with different price tags. In the states you can find one for 15 USD the same coin in my country cost 22 USD, because of local taxes and stuff. My guess is you will eventually end up getting of these anyway.

So rkp, you might prefer Joel's product, because you get allmost all the parts for a discounted price, Or if you live in the UK and want to use UK currency. BUT at least you will have made an informed buying decision. Or as informed it can be in the magic industry Smile

best of luck with your decision.
rkp
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of rkp
Thank you Bjorn for your input. I inquired on the Voyager and a U.S. coin version is not currently available , which I would prefer to use. I am now considering Kenton's routine. I assume it can be played close-up and using U.S. coins/gimmicks? Thank you in advance for insight on what appears to be a excellent routine to perform.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
135 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
I am struggling to see how this is differnet from Kenton's routine that is part of the WW series?

Not an attack, just asking foor someone who has both to outline what this has added to that, and why it's different.
dyoung
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of dyoung
The reason you're struggling with it is because they are the same. At least one of the version that Joel teaches... the other version is different, in that version they can verify the date, so you'll have to figure out how to achieve that, as Joel doesn't want to discuss the methods here. In fact it doesn't seem like he wants to discuss this effect at all.

All the best,
Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The voyager by Joel Dickinson (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL