The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The voyager by Joel Dickinson (44 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, Lseeyou wrote:
Joel PLEASE

do your best to give us a Euro currency version Smile

THANK YOU in advance!

To my friends across the pond. Should Joel be able to satify your request would be great, however; I actually enjoy incorporating foreign coins in my routines. They present a certain mystique. Just food for thought. 😈

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
patapon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of patapon
Quote:
On Oct 23, 2018, Seth speaks wrote:
ErmmóI think Joel had already clarified that he would prefer that methodology wasnít discussed in this open forum... and was in reference to this exact question.

I fully understand this but I PM'd Joel a few days ago but have not received any reply even though he posted here after my PM...

>Joel, I would appreciate a reply.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1222 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Okay, I have succumbed to the bullying and peer pressure Smile and ordered my set of Voyager coins. I remain skeptical that this will work better than the time machine I am already building; although all it does at the moment is go forward in time at the normal rate of everything else... so what can it hurt to try.

Anyway, Joel has rarely let me down, so I am looking forward to this! Besides, I am a sucker for bizarre effects that use interesting foreign coins

Iíll post thoughts when Iíve played with it a bit.

Seth
Matttr
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Matttr
I received my preorder last week too. Thanks Joel for such a great effect! I had an inkling as to the method before I put my money down, and so pleased I did - the presentation is wonderful; the method is exactly the sort of approach that I like. I will be using Joel's first method, but it is good to see that Joel has thought of other options too.

I'll definitely be carrying voyager around with me!

Thanks again,
Matt.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1210 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Thanks so much everybody.
The Voyager is a killer piece of magic that will fit in your pocket and literally perform to huge audiences or one on one.

Best wishes,

Joel
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
184 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
Received this today.
I love the effect, and the coins too.
Great scripting, with bonus effects too.
Best 30 odd quid I have spent in a while...highly recommend.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
443 Posts

Profile of westo
Another vote for euros
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1210 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hello, I will be working on foreign currency with Ron over the next couple of months.
Any specific requests regarding coins?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4182 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hello, I will be working on foreign currency with Ron over the next couple of months.

US quarter

PS, just finished watching the video for Bound and really like it. Extremely practical and easy.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of rowland
Will this be for sale at Blackpool
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1210 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi, it sure will. Itís a tadaa exclusive. Be sure to say hello and I will perform it for you too.

Best wishes,

Joel

Quote:
On Jan 12, 2019, rowland wrote:
Will this be for sale at Blackpool
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
Quote:

I understand the Australian market is tiny, but I do wish there were more creators making stuff in Aus currency. We hardly ever see US or UK coinage over here, so it always stands out as strange whenever its used - which you can steer into, but it definitely makes it hard to do gimmicked coin work that appears to use "ordinary objects"
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1210 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I appreciate that.

Can you send me an email

magic{at}tadaa.co.uk

The Voyager is a tadaa exclusive and myself and Ron (my coin making wizard) both manage The Voyager coins and we will be happy to help but there are a few thing we need to know before making the coins.

Iím about to fly to work in Austria however I will access the Cafť and emails ASAP.

Best wishes,

Joel

Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Morganjj wrote:
Quote:

I understand the Australian market is tiny, but I do wish there were more creators making stuff in Aus currency. We hardly ever see US or UK coinage over here, so it always stands out as strange whenever its used - which you can steer into, but it definitely makes it hard to do gimmicked coin work that appears to use "ordinary objects"
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of rowland
[quote]On Jan 12, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
Hi, it sure will. Itís a tadaa exclusive. Be sure to say hello and I will perform it for you too.

Best wishes,

Joel

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing it 👍🏻
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1154 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
HI all,

Just picked this one up at Blackpool, and canít wait to perform it. I just wants to address an issue raised in this forum. Although the coin in the spectators hand is an integral part of the experience and the effect, I donít see why people are asking for Euroís, US or any other coin type. Iím from Denmark and will use the coin supplied

I think there is two ways about it,

- Go with the coin supplied, and address the shakespearean England and spin the story that we are going back in time to the familiar settings that we know so well from a lot of movies.

- Or I will let the spectator be chosing where to go and what year - still using the supplied coin as a symbol of the journey. Or if want to go with a coin from your own country -> There are many ways to switch a new shiny coin for an old coin ( a simple s...tch from Boboís coin magic will do the trick. Itís been fooling people for 100 years, and is fast learned and easy to perform).

I believe the methods supplied with this effect, will allow the spectator to do any free choice of year. And if you chose to use the first method explained, you will have a time tested method that will save you a bundle of money on devices in your future with mentalism. Simple is sometimes just much better - and much more fun to perform - after all - it is a craft.

Joel, thanks for a great effect - I will be sure to test it out - very soon.

Jan
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of solidoak
U.S. quarters please!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1210 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I have full stage performance routine coming soon to video, this is only available to people who have purchased The Voyager.

Regarding a US version, the US gimmick will become available soon.
Iíll post here to let you know once itís ready.

Best wishes,

Joel
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1210 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Biritish Voyager coins are back in.

Best wishes,

Joel.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Joel any updates regarding US Quarter version?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2019, JoelDickinson wrote:
I have full stage performance routine coming soon to video, this is only available to people who have purchased The Voyager.

Regarding a US version, the US gimmick will become available soon.
Iíll post here to let you know once itís ready.

Best wishes,

Joel

I purchased this from you at Blackpool how will we find out about any updates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The voyager by Joel Dickinson (44 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL