The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cubism Maestro (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
Apologies. Here’s my amendment.

“Scott free” = 2 handsome paydays and a comfy retirement from the magic community.

And here is my amendment....

Kerala = was supposed to be legal.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
I didn't back the kickstarter project (thank goodness) and bought a brand new set at a dealers fair today. It's the brown set, I think it looks classier then the black/red set. Really nicely made. Hope people ae receiving their sets now.

Click here to view attached image.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Backers haven’t heard or received $h*t

Glad you nabbed a set. I’m sure all of us backers are jealous.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2019, Doric wrote:
I didn't back the kickstarter project (thank goodness) and bought a brand new set at a dealers fair today. It's the brown set, I think it looks classier then the black/red set. Really nicely made. Hope people ae receiving their sets now.

I was also at the magic circle dealers day and looks like the only people that have plenty of stock
Is merlins Wakefield

https://merlinswakefield.co.uk/cubism-maestro-23147-p.asp

I have noticed at several dealers fairs and on line they never have any problem with supply
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I’m starting to think my theory posted on the last page is exactly what went down.

Kickstarter backers funded the construction of the props that Dave then delivered to Merlins who he sold exclusive rights to...

He receives 100% profit plus some with zero skin in the game.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I think the worst part is the blatant lies where backers were shown pictures of Maestro boxes “ready for shipping” and asked “If I were scamming you - why would I have ALL THESE BOXES FULL OF PRODUCT taking up my entire house?!”

Answer: because you were shipping all of that product to a magic shop so backers could rebuy the effect.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

I was also at the magic circle dealers day and looks like the only people that have plenty of stock
Is merlins Wakefield

I have noticed at several dealers fairs and on line they never have any problem with supply

WOW! Now I am really annoyed!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Wow, so essentially I've bought a set that somebody probably already paid for. Thank you, I guess!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What? The pennies only just dropped? Oh jeez.
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Not pennies, I paid £100 or so! At least I got something to show for my money. Maybe the dealer will do a special price for people who backed the kickstarter campaign and didn't receive a set.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Pegasus I was annoyed a little before but I had written it off. After all, what can I do - Crowdfunding is not shopping - that's clear from the beginning - and I have had far more positive outcomes than negative. In fact, the only negative one I have had has been cubism.

Maybe next week when I am off I will investigate taking him (DF) to small claims court or something - clearly he has them and is not sending them out if Merlins have as many as stated in this thread.

But this is a new twist - the fact that someone went to the dealers day and reports that Merlin's magic had lots on their stand is the thing that is so annoying. I just hope that they are only selling on the few that they funded themselves and maybe mine is still in DF house or whatever somewhere... I really hope that's the case and not that Merlins have the lot. I don't want to suggest anything that is not provable or outright slander etc.maybe it will all turn up on April 1st next year.

I accept that I have lost that cash and won't get my maestro...
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Sadly I think its not worth following anymore...he took our money, we arent getting what we paid for, now I think its time to move on. so far this is the only kickstarter ive had go south...
merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of merlinswakefield
I do not know why my post was taken off ????
To put the record straight, We had bought 15 Cubism Maestro off Kickstarter. These were sent to us without any communication with Dave Forrest!.We have no connection with Dave Forrest of his business, and have had no contact whatsoever with him for over 2 years. We did take ONE Cubism Maestro to The Magic Circle Dealers Day, not a stand full as has been insinuated. We also DID NOT SELL ONE TO 'Doric' so don't know why he is making out he bought one from us. We can appreciate that Dave Forrest has let down many Kickstarter backers, but have been unable to contact him to see why he has not fulfilled his commitment.I can also see that this has led to frustration from backers, but we can not provide any further information on the situation.
merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Quote:
To put the record straight, We had bought 15 Cubism Maestro off Kickstarter. These were sent to us without any communication with Dave Forrest!.We have no connection with Dave Forrest of his business, and have had no contact whatsoever with him for over 2 years. We did take ONE Cubism Maestro to The Magic Circle Dealers Day, not a stand full as has been insinuated. We also DID NOT SELL ONE TO 'Doric' so don't know why he is making out he bought one from us. We can appreciate that Dave Forrest has let down many Kickstarter backers, but have been unable to contact him to see why he has not fulfilled his commitment.I can also see that this has led to frustration from backers, but we can not provide any further information on the situation.
merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, pegasus wrote:

Pegasus I was annoyed a little before but I had written it off. After all, what can I do - Crowdfunding is not shopping - that's clear from the beginning - and I have had far more positive outcomes than negative. In fact, the only negative one I have had has been cubism.

Maybe next week when I am off I will investigate taking him (DF) to small claims court or something - clearly he has them and is not sending them out if Merlins have as many as stated in this thread.

But this is a new twist - the fact that someone went to the dealers day and reports that Merlin's magic had lots on their stand is the thing that is so annoying. I just hope that they are only selling on the few that they funded themselves and maybe mine is still in DF house or whatever somewhere... I really hope that's the case and not that Merlins have the lot. I don't want to suggest anything that is not provable or outright slander etc.maybe it will all turn up on April 1st next year.

I accept that I have lost that cash and won't get my maestro...

merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Is merlins Wakefield

merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Is merlins Wakefield

merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
I’m starting to think my theory posted on the last page is exactly what went down.

Kickstarter backers funded the construction of the props that Dave then delivered to Merlins who he sold exclusive rights to...

He receives 100% profit plus some with zero skin in the game.

merlinswakefield
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 20, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
I think the worst part is the blatant lies where backers were shown pictures of Maestro boxes “ready for shipping” and asked “If I were scamming you - why would I have ALL THESE BOXES FULL OF PRODUCT taking up my entire house?!”

Answer: because you were shipping all of that product to a magic shop so backers could rebuy the effect.

funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
The funny farm
166 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Any Cubism Maestro deliveries still outstanding?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cubism Maestro (34 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL